┇PAUSE, CONTINUE

► ►► A FEW MONTHS LATER, NOVEMBER

►► A FEW MONTHS LATER, NOVEMBER

Mark quickly built a reputation for himself, without even knowing it. Everyone labeled him as the cute, innocent and hard working student that got the good grades he deserved. Everyone had a soft spot for him, even the upperclassmen.

Donghyuck, however, became the troublemaker with his obnoxious friends Jisung and Chenle and, the "secret bad boy" as some call him, Jaemin. Jaemin's nice to everyone, but they all know he also has delinquent tendencies... Besides, he didn't attend school for a week because he got mildly injured while doing parkour around the city with his friends.

Both Mark and Donghyuck were part of completely different labels, so they never spoke to each other ever since they spoke for the first time when they bumped into each other. It's not like they made the effort of actually avoiding each other, they just had other things to do... until today.

Like the model student he was, Mark was working on homework when the teacher announced a new project, once she pronounced the words 'in teams', everyone raised from their seats and started looking around for their friends, but the mood suddenly went down with a collective groan when she said she would assign the teams, meaning she gets to decide who's your partner.

Mark didn't mind it too much, since he was on good terms with almost everyone.

Keyword: almost.

His mind quickly dozed off as soon as she started explaining the project, everything should be on paper or documented somewhere electronically anyway. He'll just ask Jeno if he really needs any clarification.

The boy snapped back into reality when the teacher announced she'll be calling out the teams "...Renjun will be with Jeno, Yuta with Eunbi, Kyla with Minkyung, Mina with Seungwoo," Mark sighed as he heard his best friends being paired together "Chenle with Lucy and Mark with Donghyuck! Now get together with your partner" The teacher clapped her hands together as she put the paper with the teams back on her desk.

'Wait... Seriously??' Mark thought to himself. Was it even a good idea? What if he ends up with a bad grade? It wasn't like he particularly hated Donghyuck or anything... But sending off the new kid who's been nothing but nice to you to the wrong class gave off bad vibes. Now that a few months passed, he also got to see what sort of behavior he had around school. Again, not the best impression.

He glanced over his shoulder and across the room where his teammate usually sat. Donghyuck looked annoyed at his friends, Jisung and Chenle, who were almost screaming in his ears, pulling and pushing at him almost like they were making fun of him.

Mark sighed.

He started gathering his books to join Donghyuck in the back, but it wasn't even a minute after the teacher said to get in teams that someone slammed their backpack onto the empty desk next to Mark and groggily slid into the unoccupied seat.

Donghyuck didn't say anything.

'Jeez for someone who's constantly sassing teachers he sure doesn't like to talk to me'

The brunet coughed "So do you want to start today? So we can get it over with as soon as possible?"

"It's a load of work to be able to finish it quickly, but whatever you want I guess"

Mark swore he heard Donghyuck's friends snicker a few desk behind them, but he wasn't too sure why... They were probably just making fun of their troublemaker friend that was stuck with the nerd of the class.

He sighed again "Alright so I guess my place, just wait at 3 in front of the gates after school, I'll meet you there"

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

i know the korean educational system works differently and they don't start in september but i'm gonna use the one i know (aka the one i have lmao) instead because i understand it better akdhsk sORRY