┇CONVINCING

Donghyuck was found sleeping with his arms crossed, head hanging down and ears plugged when Mark approached him

Donghyuck was found sleeping with his arms crossed, head hanging down and ears plugged when Mark approached him. It was one of their longest breaks of the day and Mark wanted to take this time to ask him if he wanted to join him in the show, knowing it might take a while to coax him to agree. Donghyuck sat at his usual seat in the corner back, right next to the back exit.

Everyone knew to gave him peace when he was taking a nap, so no one was in Donghyuck's surroundings. One time, a student drew on his face with a sharpie while he was sleeping and the student wasn't able to come to school for a few days afterwards, no one really knew what happened, except that they all received the message of 'don't fuck with me' by none other than Lee Donghyuck.

Mark sat in the free seat next to him, usually Jeno's, and nudged him awake.

He expected Donghyuck to wake up angry, but instead, he calmly but groggily woke up and took off his earphones. Mark didn't know Donghyuck stayed calm because he saw that him from the corner of his eyes when he woke up.

Blinking and rubbing his eyes, he sat up straight and looked at Mark "You want somethin'?"

"Did you nap well?"

"Hm? Uh yeah I guess, it would've been better if it was longer"

Mark laughed "Sorry, but I wanted to propose you to something,"

'Huh? Propose? What??' Donghyuck was still a little half asleep.

"I... I really think you have a nice voice, I'd like it if you joined me on the show, you know, the one where I'm performing by myself and with some friends?"

' W h a t '

Donghyuck blinked at him, trying to process Mark's proposition.

"Well... It'd be unfair if I just join like that. The auditions already passed, I don't think I can ever do a solo either"

"No no, I mean, with me!"

His eyes widened a little "W-With you?"

Mark smiled wider "Yes! What do you think? Can you?"

"U-Uhm... no way, it's not like anyone would take me seriously. If people can't take me seriously, people won't take you seriously either" Donghyuck turned away from him, crossing his arms again and staring at his phone and earphones on his desk.

Mark tilted his head "Why are you so worried about me and how others see me?"

His cheeks turned slightly rosy, but he quickly masked his flustered state "People always blame me for things, I don't want people to blame me even more for 'corrupting' you, or something... I'm saying this more for myself"

Mark looked stunned, then laughed "Corrupting me? Did anyone actually say that?"

"More people than you think, trust me" Donghyuck couldn't help let out a chuckle.

Mark nodded and continued smiling "Okay, I do trust you, but will you trust me if we do a number together for the school show? I'll take charge and make sure everything goes smoothly"

He didn't know what came to him, but his usual mean and straightforward persona suddenly shattered down without realizing. Donghyuck genuinely smiled and nodded "Fine, if you insist"

God, what came to him?

Love, and Mark Lee, it seems.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

maybe it's because i was listening to this guy's songs that explains how soft this chapter wow jesus

his voice is rlly soft and soothing uGH i just discovered him recently and a1 voice. u guys should check him out !