┇ INTERRUPTION

The next thing Donghyuck and Mark were set on was their number together for the show Mark is participating in at school

On a day where Mark would have the house to himself, he invited Donghyuck over so they could start working on that together. They only had Mark's guitar and since it was the weekend, they didn't have access to the instruments at school to get Donghyuck a piano. Mark didn't have one at home and Donghyuck didn't either. Even if he did it would be troublesome for him to carry it around. It made Mark a little sad, but at least they had his (kinda shitty) guitar.

Mark sat on the chair at his desk, his arms resting on top of the back of it while his legs were on each side. Donghyuck sat on a stool in front of him with Mark's guitar on his lap, obviously a little awkward.

It was kinda his fault to begin with. Donghyuck insisted on handling an instrument, but there's no piano so he has to deal with the little knowledge and experience he has with an accoustic guitar. Mark really wanted to have him sing with him, but the other didn't really believe their voices would compliment each other.

"Seriously dude? At least give it a try" Mark insisted.

"Well how about we give me playing guitar and only you singing a try? I don't know if I can play and sing at the same time"

"What about not playing and just have background music instead?"

"Nah I think playing has a better effect"

Mark laughed "Dude this isn't a competition or audition for anything! It's just a school show, no worries"

Donghyuck sighed and rolled his eyes exasperatedly "I've done enough to make people think I'm tarnishing your image, so no need to change your usual habits because of me"

Mark blinked and scooted over closer with his chair which made a few 'screech screech' sounds till he was close enough to get into his face since Donghyuck seemed to avoid looking at him "Well I do need to adapt to my surroundings, that's just what human beings do,"

Donghyuck jumped back at the close proximity between them and almost slapped himself so his cheeks wouldn't turn red.

"If people can't understand that, it's their fault" Mark shrugged.

He stared at him.

"...What are you smiling at?" Mark asked.

Donghyuck shook his head "You're less of a baby than when we first began the project. You've, like, matured"

"Did you think I was a fetus when we teamed up? Did you really just call me a baby? I'm older than you if I must remind you!" He sounded offended, but the obvious playful tone overlapped it without a doubt.

Donghyuck laughed in return and deepened his voice, putting a hand in a fast on his hip while the other's holding the guitar "You've matured son!"

'Wait that's weird I just called my crush my son'

Before Mark could reply, the doorbell rang.

Mark's happy expression turned into confusion. The two looked at each other "My parents are working till 5 and I don't remember ordering anything online so I'm not expecting a package..." Mark stood up and looked out his window, even if he wouldn't be able to see who would be standing at his door.

He shrugged and headed downstairs. When he opened the door, he was surprised to find who rang the doorbell.

"Oh, Byunghee, hi" He smiled at her, still a little confused.

"Hey Mark! Your parents told me you were gonna spend the day at home today!" She greeted him with a cheerful smile.

He turned to be fully confused again "They... told you... that...?" He said slowly.

"Yeah! I saw them this morning and when I asked about you that's what they told me. I also baked some cupcakes" She handed him a container as he whispered a quiet (and still confused) thank you.

"IS THAT A SNAKE, I SEE?" Donghyuck yelled from the staircase. Only his upper body was seen since he was standing there.

Her smile faltered for a second, before she smiled again, only even more obviously fake "What's he doing here?" She gestured to him.

"We were organizing our number for the school show. What are you here for?" Mark answered her and Donghyuck walked down the rest of the stairs to join him at the door. He leaned his arm on the door frame and Byunghee slightly stepped away to be further from him.

"Um... Ah! Right I was wondering if you wanted to hang out? You know, catch up and stuff. New cafes and stands opened up with great food, I heard"

"Ohhh I could use some good food right now, can I come with you guys?" Donghyuck burst out with a smile. Byunghee momentarily glared at him.

'Well... I haven't really talked to her for a while... So I guess it wouldn't hurt to do that... But Donghyuck-'

"So? Mark, what do you think?" Byunghee asked again since he seemed to put a long and a lot of thought about it.

"I-I don't know, I kind of want to work with Donghyuck right now..." While he wasn't looking, Donghyuck pulled his tongue at Byunghee.

'Haha he likes me better than you'

"But I'll go out just for a while and we'll come back, so Donghyuck should come with us too" Mark went to pick up his coat from the hanger. He turned to her "You don't mind, do you?"

She shook her head and laughed "No no, that's fine with me haha"

She quietly growled at Donghyuck when he pulled his tongue at her again.

"Great, thank you. Now let's go!"