┇TEAM UP

The teacher clapped their hands together once the class started "Okay class! Today is a period for you to work on your project, so please take this time to progress it

The teacher clapped their hands together once the class started "Okay class! Today is a period for you to work on your project, so please take this time to progress it. Thank you"

Mark and Donghyuck installed their things near the front on the side towards the right. Donghyuck laid out a large black cardboard that took the space on both of their desks, he then put down a bag full of materials to make the display for their project on music therapy.

"So we're done gathering all the information we need, let's sit down and see how we can organize this," Donghyuck proposed as both sat down and he pulled out a blank paper to draw on "Okay, so any ideas?"

Mark stared at the paper "Um... I guess we'll just put a title here. We can type up the text and print them and just place them all over here, then we put some pictures here and there" He pointed and gestured with his finger on the blank sketch of their display bent in 3 sections, for it to be able to stand on it's own.

"...That's it?"

"...Yeah? Is that not enough?"

Donghyuck shook his head "It's too simple, bland and boring," he started sketching his ideas on the paper, then stopped when he realized his words may have hurt him "...No offense" Mark shook his head and observed his drawings "None taken"

"We should put some colors here, make it more colorful so it can catch people's attention-unless you want to stick to black and white?" He looked at his teammate for his reply.

Mark only shrugged "I don't really mind, but color can make it more interesting"

"Okay, so color..." Donghyuck jotted notes on the side of the paper "I was also thinking of drawing some things? Do you want to do that?"

"Well I'm not that great at drawing..."

"Pfft aren't you always like... drawing or doodling in your notebooks? I always look around when class gets boring and you're always scribbling on the desk or on paper"

Mark felt embarrassed that even Donghyuck, who sat on the other end of the class, caught his habit "Yeah, I guess..."

"Well that's only if you want to! You're not forced to" He turned his attention back to his sketch as he drew more ideas.

"Hmm I'll give it a try"

"Great! Next I was thinking of putting a picture in the background here with text over it..."

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Hey, hey hey hey, don't you think they're sitting especially close..." Mina nudged Seongwoo, motioning at their best friend with his teammate sitting across the room.

Seongwoo squinted at them "And the project was just given at the beginning of the week... I thought they'd still be awkward"

"Especially after Mark's mom was mean to him... They ate dinner together so fast can you believe it-!"

"What are you guys talking about?" A new voice interrupted their conversation from behind them.

Mina and Seongwoo turned to see Chenle and Jisung leaning forward as if they were trying to eavesdrop their conversation... only maybe they weren't trying but actually listening to their conversation.

Mina glanced at the two at the distance and looked back at the team behind them. Chenle quickly got the message "Ahhh those two, yeah it's strange. Donghyuck's been too tame lately, it's like being with Mark calms him down"

Her eyes widened and she stared at Seungwoon "...What?" Instead of saying her thoughts outloud, she quickly approached her lips to his ear and whispered what she was thinking, covering her mouth with her hand so the two others wouldn't be able to tell what she was saying.

The boys pouted "Okay that's not fair, you can't just share secrets between you two when Donghyuck's also our best friends. Let's have a fair trade"

Seungwoo glanced at Mina and the two "Well Donghyuck visited Mark when he got sick, saying he wanted to continue working but he didn't have to since he wasn't in his best condition-"

Jisung rolled his eyes "Tell us something we don't know"

"Mark's been increasingly talking about Donghyuck" Now that caught their attention.

"Holy shit! What has he been saying?"

Mina responded to Chenle's question "For now he just keeps mentioning that he wants to do a duo with someone but he says 'he doesn't know who' when we all clearly know he wants to do it with Donghyuck since he keeps saying his voice is beautiful"

He squinted his eyes "There's something going on..."

"That's what I thought so too!"

"It's probably his ga-" Jisung slapped Chenle "Shut up he'll kill you if it spreads! Remember last time when he was nearly going to murder you with his gaze but got saved by Jaemin? You were lucky"

Mina raised her eyebrow, but decided to ignore them and turned around to observe Mark and Donghyuck "So anyway that's why we're-" "It's only you" Seungwoo cut her off "-I am observing them right now since we get to see them actually work together"

He cut her off again "Okay hold on but no 'nothing is going on' friends can sit and have their faces this close, I wouldn't be able to stand their morning breath"

"You're right, your breath smells disgusting, here have a gum" Mina grimaced and handed him a pack of gum. Seungwoo gave her an unamused stare but took one anyway, making her giggle.

"Oh oh oH DONGHYUCK IS STANDING UP whas he gon' do..." Seungwoo whispered to the three others when their classmate stood up and told Mark he was going to be back (or at least that's what they deduced).

"Oh shit he's heading here pretend to work pretend to WORK" All four suddenly hovered closely on papers or opened books, pretending to read or write information that they've read 24 times because they kept getting distracted.

Donghyuck walked to their desks and stood there, hands on his hips and annoyed "Can you guys stop staring at us? It's mildly concerning..."

Mina lifted her head as if she didn't notice him beforehand "Huh? Staring at you? What are you talking about, we were working or just discussing between ourselves"

Donghyuck rolled his eyes "Mark may be stupid but I'm n-" The start of the sentence made the four return his unamused expression, even his own friends because they knew it was untrue, no one can compare to straight A student Mark Lee "Okay I'll rephrase that, Mark may not notice you but I do, I literally see you and hear you whispering whenever I try to talk to him"

"We're not doing anything bad though!" Chenle defended, the rest nodded in agreement.

"Hey, Donghyuck-" Mark called out in the background.

Jisung stood up and spun Donghyuck around, pushing him back towards Mark "Go! Your partner's waiting for you, you don't want to waste your time on us losers right?"

"Um I'd like to negotiate on the term loser-" Seungwoo started.

"No you're a loser shut up"

Donghyuck let out a final sigh and went back to his teammate. Jisung sat back down.

"Soooo how about we start 'operation find out what's going on with Mark and Donghyuck' with just the four of us?" Mina started with a smile, turning to the two behind her.

"Oh! How about we call it... operation markhyuck?" Chenle suggested.