┇DOUBLE DATE

It was cold and snowing outside, so when Doyoung sent Mark the meeting location, he told his junior to wait inside Starbucks to stay in warmth

Mark, as usual, was the first to arrive at the meeting spot 5 minutes in advance. Doyoung arrived on time, meanwhile the two others were still nowhere to be seen. The elder bought hot drinks for the four of them, both enjoyed them as they waited for the rest.

Donghyuck was the third one to arrive, he was covered in snow and seemed to be shivering a lot despite his blank facial expression. Doyoung chuckled at his appearance and stood up to give his seat to him "Warm yourself up before we head to the theatre, I'll go give Jaehyun a call" The younger ones didn't notice him pick up the tray with his and Jaehyun's drinks. Mark and Donghyuck watched him exit the store.

As soon as he walked out, Jaehyun was heading towards him from his left "Ah, good you're here" Doyoung slung his arm around his shoulders and made him continue walking forward, preventing him from walking into the cafe.

Jaehyun was about to ask him what was going on when Doyoung shoved the tray with their two drinks to his chest without even looking at him "Here's your hot chocolate, I'll explain later. For now, let's leave those two alone"

Back into the warm coffee shop, Donghyuck and Mark sat in silence while enjoying their drinks simultaneously.

Mark was snapped out of his trance when his phone buzzed, signaling he had received a text.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

BUNNY DOYOUNG 🐰
Sorry Markie, something suddenly came up and I have to accompany Jaehyun somewhere, so just go to the musical by yourselves! The theatre isn't far and the address is written on the two tickets I already gave you, have fun! :)

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Donghyuck noticed Mark's change of expression when he opened his phone "Something wrong?" He asked after sipping from his hot chocolate.

He shook his head and put his phone back into his jacket's pocket "Not really, Doyoung just told me he and Jaehyun can't make it anymore and we'll have to be on our own," he stood up "come on, we don't want to miss the musical"

Donghyuck stared up at him, mouth subtlely agape.

'Me and Mark? Alone? In a musical theatre? ALONE? LIKE A DATE?'

Mark blinked "Are you still cold? Your cheeks are getting rosy again"

The flustered boy jumped on his feet "Uh, yeah whatever let's go"

He left his empty drink on the table.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The boys walked out of the theatre "Wow that was amazing! Junmyeon was incredible! He looked so professional and his voice was like carried throughout the whole theatre! And it was all so heartfelt! And and that k-kiss scene..." Mark suddenly stammered over his words, recalling the scene where the main leads were kissing on the bed.

Donghyuck nodded in agreement "I never actually saw any of his school performances so seeing him perform professionally was amazing"

He probably would've said more about it if he wasn't so distracted during the musical by Mark's hand resting so close to his... And his sparkling eyes when he was sitting on the edge of his seat at the plot twist at the end.

Mark stopped walking and turned to look at him "We should go again!"

"...Huh? To this musical?"

"Yes! I mean... not exactly, to more musicals! It was nice seeing it with you, even if Doyoung and Jaehyun weren't able to come..."

"... Really? I barely said anything during the musical though, it was like watching a movie"

"Yeah but! I know you enjoyed it and appreciate it like I do, everyone else thinks it's boring so I like it that you don't seem to think the same"

Donghyuck continued to stare at him in silence.

'Well... he isn't wrong. I don't usually go watch plays either, but this one was good'

The awkwardness finally started to sink into Mark when Donghyuck broke it again by nodding "You're right, let's go see more musicals"

He only realized he sounded like he was telling him they were gonna go on more dates the second the words spilled out of his mouth... I mean they're not really dates right? Just... hang outs between bros...

Mark smiled "Great!"

. . .

MEANWHILE, IN ANOTHER CAFE.

Jaehyun took a bite out of the croissant Doyoung bought him, after he forced him to saying he should pay back with more food other than a Starbucks drink for acting without warning him first... again.

"So you set them up?" He asked with his mouth full, hand covering his mouth.

Doyoung nodded, cheek resting in his hand "It's hard to ignore the thing that's been going on between them, not to mention Donghyuck has been totally crushing on him for a while"

Jaehyun laughed with a hint of sarcasm "Playing matchmaker now? I thought that was my job, people always called me valentine boy"

"Well," Doyoung tore apart a small bit of pastry and shoved it into Jaehyun's mouth "Who knew cupid could attract a guy like me?"

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

markhyuck and dojae both had their own dates