┇BACK (AGAIN)

Donghyuck spotted Mark happily chatting with his friends when he entered the classroom

Donghyuck spotted Mark happily chatting with his friends when he entered the classroom. His eyes met Mina's, but he quickly turned away and joined Jisung and Chenle's conversation at their seats.

The moment the bell rang and everyone went back to their seats, he received a text message.

REAL MARK LEE
i brought the library books to work with after school

DONGHYUCK
okay cool
are we going to the library again?

REAL MARK LEE
i was thinking of staying here, is that okay with you?

DONGHYUCK
sure, works for me

REAL MARK LEE
okay, see you then! :)

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Where the hell is he?" Donghyuck whispered to himself as he scanned the hallways and classrooms.

Classes ended 10 minutes ago and Mark was still nowhere to be seen. He caught Mina near the exit, he quickly grabbed her arm to ask her about Mark's whereabouts "Hey have you seen Mark? We're supposed to work but I haven't seen him..."

"Oh I think I've seen him in the music room..."

"Music room? What's he doing there?" He let go of her arm as she completely turned around to face him. She shrugged "He plays guitar so he goes there sometimes" "And the teacher just lets him?" "He's everyone's secret favorite" She said with a smile.

He rolled his eyes "Thanks anyway" Donghyuck quickly scattered away to the music room.

There was a small window on the door, so he was able to peek through it to verify if Mark was there. He spotted a figure sitting by the big windows in the back of the classroom, back turned away.

'There he is'

Donghyuck knocked and entered the classroom "Hey" Mark jumped at his appearance "Oh! Hi" He greeted him and turned back to his original position.

'...Did he forget we had to meet up?'

He climbed up the small set of stairs and sat next to Mark while grabbing a stool nearby.

Mark played a few chords while humming to himself, he looked so peaceful, especially when the sunshine reflected on him and the blue sky was clear.

He suddenly sighed "I wish I had a guitar like this at home..."

Donghyuck tilted his head "You don't? But I was sure I saw one in your room yesterday, right next to your desk"

"I do have one, it's just not great. I kept telling my parents I wanted a guitar so they got me one, but they didn't even bother going to a proper place or check the quality, they couldn't care less since it has nothing to do with my grades"

He raised his eyebrow "Where did they get it? I'm pretty sure all stores sell decent guitars"

"They got me a used guitar from a seller online, they thought I wouldn't figure it out"

Donghyuck shifted sitting positions "That's a dick move..."

Mark let out a huff "Whatever I guess... The teacher lets me use his class whenever I want to play so at least I get to play"

Donghyuck looked around and spotted the big, classic black piano next to him. He stared at it before his fingers hovered over the keys.

Mark leaned on his left to look at him, the guitar still on his lap "You play it?"

"Used to, my... biological mother taught me a few songs and basic tricks" His eyes scanned the keyboard.

"Biological...?"

"I'm adopted. My current mother is fine, I just don't spend a lot of time at home" He hesitantly pressed a few keys, but quickly retreated his hands and turned back to Mark "What about you? When did you learn to play the guitar?"

He paused, then answered "A very young age, 7 years old, maybe? I'm currently learning new chords, Jeno taught me some... Wait let me see if I remember" Mark tested a few chords, then slowly but successfully played Bruno Mars' Finesse, humming the song simultaneously.

Donghyuck was only listening at first, but before he knew it, he was singing the lyrics out of habit for singing and listening to it so much whenever he can.

He didn't notice, but Mark smiled when he joined in. They stopped at the end of the first chorus.

Donghyuck took a deep breath when he finally snapped back to reality "Wow," he laughed "You excel in presentations, exams, essays, you can play instruments, I know you can compose and doing an opening dance number for the school's next show since it was the talk of the school when the news spread... What can't you do?"

Mark only smiled.

'Have a voice as beautiful as you'