┇PIANO

After the end of the student council's meeting, Mark was asked by a teacher to bring a few manuals that they left in their previous classroom

After the end of the student council's meeting, Mark was asked by a teacher to bring a few manuals that they left in their previous classroom. When they said 'a few', he expected maybe seven to eight manuals... but it ended up being fifteen, which makes a huge difference in the matter of weight.

Poor Mark was struggling to bring them back to its original classroom when he glimpsed inside the music room, where the sound of piano was coming from. He doesn't usually pay much mind when it's occupied, but he had to take a step back when he recognized Donghyuck sitting by the piano.

He raised his eyebrow at him, confused at his presence in the classroom yet mesmerized by the melody. Class ended almost an hour ago, what was he doing still in school? He was usually one of the first ones to run out when the bell rings.

Mark was staring at him for too long to notice the stack of books wobbling in his arms and losing balance by themselves, tumbling onto the floor with many heavy thuds.

The sudden feeling of someone and something falling onto the floor heavily was enough for Donghyuck to break his focus. His head suddenly snapped up to the closed door. He couldn't see anything through the door's window, but he could see the shadow of someone gathering books through the small space under the door. Donghyuck shrugged and resumed the piece he was playing

A few minutes later, the door opened and a struggling Mark entered through the small crack of the door he made while trying to balance the textbooks in his arms. Donghyuck had to stop playing once again and stared at him with a strange look "...Are you sure you're in the right classroom? Pretty sure those don't belong here" He averted his eyes from him and looked back down onto the black and white keys.

Mark put the manuals on a chair and huffed, wiggling his arms to feel his blood circulating through them again "No, I know this isn't the right classroom, I just came in because I heard you play" He started heading towards him, but stopped on his tracks when he noticed Donghyuck gazing at him.

"O-Oh am I bothering you? Maybe I should go then..."

"No I was just thinking you should close the door"

"Oh okay sorry!" The boy hurried to close it and back to him, plopping down onto the free space next to Donghyuck with his back facing him, but head turned towards the keyboard, so he could still see him from the corner of his eye.

Donghyuck was so taken aback by Mark suddenly sitting so close to him that when he tried playing again, his mind went blank and his hands almost started shaking.

He coughed to wake himself up from his daze and rubbed his hands together "You know what? I'll just end it here" Donghyuck stood up but Mark was quick to pull onto his sleeve.

Donghyuck stared at him "...What?"

Mark let go "At least finish your piece, I've played this on the guitar before, you still have a few notes till the end"

Donghyuck sighed "Jeez alright..." He positioned his hands on the keys to resume the piece. He ended up messing up the first few notes and every time he tried to play again, he became more and more tense and messed up even more. Donghyuck heaved another sigh "See? I should've just ended it there, I can't play any more for the day"

"You're just tense, come on just relax! You play beautifully, you should play for your crush one day! If you can't play in front of me, then what about in front of them? You can't back out man! How about you start from the beginning, it might be easier"

'You are my crush god dammit'

Donghyuck rubbed the tense muscles in his neck "God fine since you insist so much..."

He couldn't help but screw up the first notes again, but Mark's encouragements made the rest of the piece go smoothly.

"There you go! You should come play more often" Mark said smiling at him.

Little did he know, Donghyuck has been playing more ever since their last encounter in this classroom.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

wow this chapter was so shitty i'm so sorry