Verse Four

The sharp rain drops fell in icy shards against my skin, impervious to the shielding that Sebastian was trying to do with his body over mine.  My hands subconsciously rose to my face to wipe my flooded eyes and I couldn't think of another more embarrassing situation than the one I was in as I quickly put everything back into the trunk of the car. 

Then I remembered those damn false eyelashes.  Oh well, I was in the middle of a rainstorm with Sebastian Jennings changing a flat tire.  What more could the universe throw at me, a fake eyelash sliding down my cheek while I gazed adoringly into his eyes?

Probably.

I rushed the final parts of changing the tire and we just left the ruined tire on the side of the road and put everything back in the trunk and got in the car, but not before I checked my reflection in the rear view mirror while Sebastian was busy putting the things away. 

The eyelashes must have been stuck to my eyelids with superglue or something because they weren't sliding halfway down my face, and luckily I somehow didn't look like a drowned rat. 

I rushed into the passenger seat of the car and shut the door at the exact same time Sebastian did, creating a sort of awkward yet sultry ambiance in the atmosphere of the car that made me want to do dangerously bad things to him...

I cleared my head of all of my dirty thoughts and brought my attention back on Sebastian, who was looking into his phone looking like he was thinking something through very intensely. 

"So, game plan?  Where to?  What next?" I asked him, knowing that my fun little escapade with a rockstar was bound to end sooner or later. 

"Well, we are both soaking wet.  You may have had a little too much to drink tonight and I just missed an appearance that I was supposed to make at a friend's party.  So I say we escape this night and I'll drive the car to my place.  I'll have one of my people return it to your friend's home-new tire and all- and you can either stay the night in my guest room or I'll have a car service take you home, its up to you."

"Thank you that's very kind of you.  I guess you owe it to Josie considering you kind of stole her car and kidnapped me in the process soo..." my voice trailed off sarcastically.

"Oh please, this definitely isn't a kidnapping.  I couldn't kidnap anyone, they'd all be willing," he said as we pulled off of the dirt road from where were and maneuvered the car back onto the open street. 

My throat constricted in laughter at his insinuation. 

"Oh yeah and what is that supposed to mean?" 

"It means that anyone would kill to be in your position right now."

His eyes were dead serious, no hint of sarcasm or mirth on his lips.

"Just because you're famous doesn't mean that everyone loves you or is a fan."

"But you are."

"Actually..." I trailed off but he interrupted me before I could finish what I was going to say. 

"You were in the front row of my concert, singing along to my songs that-"

"Correction- I was singing along to a song that you were covering by one of my favorite bands.  That doesn't necessarily make me a fan of yours, it makes me a fan of the music that you like to cover.  And I was in the front row of your concert because my best friend dragged me to it and because I didn't want to stay at home on a Friday night with my mother yelling at me about my college choices and feeling sorry for myself while everyone else went and partied."