Verse Twelve

"Nervous?" he asked, his deep, velvety voice sending another shockwave of desire through my body.

I shook my head, too terrified of what my voice would sound like once I started speaking. If I did I was sure I'd sound like a breathless and desperate girl, the ones that always threw themselves on him.

I wasn't even sure I liked him that way. Obviously he was dangerously attractive, the way that when you see a wild animal out in the open you just feel the need to go up to it and see what it will do, even if it could kill you in an instant.

That was how I felt with Sebastian. Unsteady, like he held all the power. And he actually really did.

We were in his home, alone. He was practically half naked and was talking like I should do the same thing and take my clothes off as well! And sure, there were loads of body guards around the home that I had seen as his friend had dropped me off, but they worked for Sebastian!

I had barely recovered from the last time a guy had tried to see me naked, and it was not the time to be starting something with someone, especially someone with the caliber of fame and following as Sebastian Jennings.

I cleared my throat.

"So...you know how to teach self defense?" I asked him, trying to get to the point of why I was actually over at his house in the first place.

Not like I had a choice though. If Sebastian wanted to hang out with me, he'd find a way. He was, after all, Sebastian freaking Jennings.

I may or may not have creeped on his Instagram and Twitter profiles, and doing so honestly made me feel even more inadequate compared to him. 

He had over one hundred million followers on one single platform alone, and I barely had a social media account to begin with...

"More or less," he said in response to my question that I'd forgotten that I had asked. 

I really needed to get my brain, emotions and sweat glands under control otherwise it would make for a very sticky-or smelly-situation. 

He was suddenly very close to me, his body in close proximity with mine and it wasn't because we were learning self defense moves.  

My breathing hitched, my pulse quickening with each passing second.  I looked up into his eyes and wished I hadn't.  Not because I didn't like what I saw, but because I loved what I saw, and I was terrified that I would never be able to look away from those gorgeous and exploring green eyes. 

His arm went up beside my head and I could practically feel the air sizzling with electricity as the tension in the atmosphere built to a fever pitch. 

I could see his head moving dangerously close to mine, and I knew I had to stop it before he kissed me. 

I didn't want to be just another one of his conquests that I read about in the articles online or heard about secondhand from Josie complaining and asking why those girls couldn't be her.  I wasn't going to be a cliche. 

I hastily put one hand on his chest and ducked under the arm that had held me prisoner against the wall he had backed me up into and nervously laughed...again.

"So, which way to the gym?"

He smiled and looked at me as if he didn't know what to make of me, like he was trying to figure me out.  That made two of us.  I was trying to figure out his motives for doing what he was doing just as I was with him. 

"That's strange," he said, motioning for me to follow him down a short hallway and we came to a stop outside a door that looked like it was beside his garage if memory served from the last time I had been to his home.