Exclusive First Chapter!

Hello my lovely readers! Here is the first chapter of 'Afterglow' a brand new story that is coming February 2021!

Synopsis:

An Enemies to Lovers Romance:

When Kate is forced to move back home to the boarding school she despised only to be confronted by the school's infamous bad boy and childhood crush, she is quickly reminded of the reasons she wanted to leave so desperately in the first place- her boyfriend stealing sister being one of those reasons.

Faced with being the center of attention by said teasing bad boy and self proclaimed arch nemesis, Lachlan Brooks, Kate finds herself put in multiple precarious positions with Lachlan and faces questions about their quick changing relationship.

Tortured with past family secrets and the question of her parentage and the danger that accompanies that knowledge, Kate is more elusive than ever, and this blooming romance between her and a boy who used to make her life a living hell isn't helping with her confusion.

Can she push past the reservations she holds against Lachlan and truly let him into her heart, or will they be forever stained by the afterglow of the traumatic past and damage that no one ever thought to repair?

EXCLUSIVE FIRST CHAPTER:

frigid

Soggy, half-melted snowflakes drifted down the window of the town car in a lazy, lingering path that matched the pace at which I wished to return to the one place that I'd ever called home.

One long year and still those ice capped skyscrapers that stood like gallant knights in the distance brought with them the promise of heartache and still born memories threatening to break through the spiked walls that I had erected high in my mind the moment I escaped.

I blocked out the screeching horns and squealing brakes from the constant traffic around the small black town car that was chauferring me back to my own personal hell and donned a pair of headphones that blasted my only reprieve back into my ears- music. A blessed distraction and salvation all in one, I survived on a diet of scintillating guitar riffs, haunting vocal runs and chilling lyrics that filled the space in my mind where all of my familial problems should have resided.