Bridge (Two)

Author's Note-

I know most of you all don't read the author's note at the end but it would really make me super happy if y'all would check out the note at the end!  Thank you!

-Kristen :)

***

        Sunlight filtered in through the window covered in blinds, my head was pounding and I was pretty sure that I was dead, or dying.  All of that 'white light at the end of the tunnel' crap really got in my head. 

Once I saw my mother's angry face in the background as I opened my eyes and her finger wagging angrily in someone's face, I knew I was either still alive, or in hell. 

That finger was pointed directly at the last person I expected to still be stuck around the hospital after whatever the heck had just happened to me, and I knew then and there that I was definitely in hell if my mother was chewing out an international superstar. 

Sebastian was glancing over every few seconds at my still body lying on the hospital bed and my heart skyrocketed in my chest. 

I wondered if I looked like a total mess, and I wondered again when the last time my teeth had been brushed...

If I had been in a coma for a week as my parents and the nurse had said, then I must have looked absolutely horrendous!  I ran my tongue over my teeth but they weren't as grimy as I'd expected them to be, and I honestly didn't feel as well rested as I should have been after being asleep for an entire week. 

Instead, I just felt as if I'd been ran over by a truck, and that truck's name was Dylan Haim.  

Their voices hushed as they looked over at my face and saw that I was awake, everyone in the room promptly rushing over to my bedside to make sure that I was okay, but the nurse closest to me put a stop to it right away. 

"Holly had a panic attack.  She definitely doesn't need anyone to crowd her or make her feel uncomfortable.  We will only talk about subjects that she brings up herself and she will decide who she wants in the room at the moment.  Holly?" she looked at me.

I just stared back at her through a foggy haze of what I assumed were drugs.  I smiled at her lazily. 

"Yes?"

"Who would you like to have in the room with you at the moment?" she asked me.  She was nice.  She looked like she was the nurse Marissa who I'd met earlier, with the kind blue eyes and laugh lines.  

"Him.  Definitely," I said, pointing to Sebastian in my drug induced haze.  I was so out of it I didn't even register if my parents were shocked by my decision or not. All I saw was Sebastian's cocky smile pointed to my mother but the second he saw her evil glare he quickly put on a respectable facade.  

I started laughing at their silent exchange and everyone in the room turned to look at me as if I'd lost my mind.  Technically, I had with these drugs they'd put me on.  It was like the anesthesia they gave you at the dentist for a wisdom teeth removal, making the person all goofy and say things they wouldn't really say in real life.