Chapter 12

Brook P.O.V

I sat in the room, on my california king bed I share with my husband, sipped my wine, and thought. Thought about how bad of a parent I was. I couldn't even keep my children under control. Was I fit to be a mother? Do I deserve to have kids?

"Brooklyn!" I snapped out of the trance I was in from hearing Dre's deep voice echo throughout the room.

"I'm sorry...what's wrong?" I said quietly. He couldn't see the tears coming down my face because my back was to him, but I could tell he was staring a whole through my spine.

"Baby....are you....are you crying?" He said starting to walk over to my side. I didn't answer. I just let the tears fall down my face.

"Baby, answer me." Dre said taking a knee in front of me and staring at me. I just looked past him at the cream colored walls behind him and dazed off.

"Brook what the hell is wrong with you?" He asked lightly shaking me.

"Where did I go wrong Dre? I give them everything they ask for. I try to be the best mom I could be. What am I doing wrong?" I said quielty whispering. He just looked at me with a confused look on his face.

"Baby what are you talking about?" Dre said still trying to make me look in his eyes.

"I'm talking about me Dre! ME! I have 4 kids and two of them are getting out of control! One got arrested and the other one throwing tantrums in the middle of the street! I have no control over my kids Dre! NONE! What am I doing wrong Dre? What am I doing..." I went into a fit of crying while Dre held me.

"Shhh baby. You're perfect honey. The kids just need a break that's all. It's not you at all honey." He said kissing my forehead. I just wish I could believe that. I sat on the bed and wiped my eyes and giving Dre a fake smile.

"Thanks baby." I said kissing his cheek.

"You know I love you right?"  He asked kissing my lips. I nodded  my head."Good" he said kissing my forehead and walking out. I slowly got up and walked to the bathroom opening the medicine cabinet we had in there. I pulled out prescription pills that Dre had from a knee injury a while back. They make you sleepy and go into a state of rest. I emptied the bottle of the small pills and looked at my self in the mirror. Eye liner streaming down my face. I'm a terrible mom. I looked at the pills in my hand through my blurry vision from tears and looked back at the mirror. I watched my self swallow every pill and slowly start to feel woozy. My vision started to get dark as I felt the cold tile make contact with my warm skin. Finally, I can't be a burden.

**************

VOTE, COMMENT, LIKE!