Chapter 17

Brook P.O.V

"Dre!" I yelled as we entered the house. I got no answer. He must have went somewhere with the twins and Dj.

"This is a lovely beach house." Brenda said smiling and looking around.

"Thanks." I said giving her a small smile. I went and put my purse on the counter as she stood there looking around.

"Do you live here?" She asked looking at the painting on the wall.

"No we're just here on vacation. Would you like anything to drink?" I asked walking into the kitchen.

"Water please." She said smiling. She smiled just like me. I grabbed 2 water bottles and headed to the living room.

"Ana baby go play. Have a seat." I said smiling and giving her the water bottle. She watched Ana run to her room and smiled.

"She's very beautiful." She said before taking a sip of her water.

"Thank you." I said placing my water bottle on the counter and then staring at her.

"Look I really apologize for the scene in the store. It just made me so happy to see you." She said on the verge of crying.

"It's fine." I said grabbing a tissue out of the box on the table and giving it to her.

"Um well, my name is Brenda. Brenda Micheals. I'm 43 years old. I live with my husband Andrew Micheals. I have 2 kids by him, a 12 year old girl named Ryder, and a 13 year old boy named Andrew Jr. Or Aj for short. I live here in Hawaii where I was originally born." She said but I stopped her in the middle of it.

"Wait so you're only 13 years older than me?" I said looking at her confused.

"Uh yes. See Brooklyn my parents lived here for a while and they were happily married and then I came along. Hawaii at the time was no place to raise a baby, so we moved to Brooklyn, New York. I don't know why out of all places they moved there. They had the highest drug rate in America. But anyway when we moved there, my dad started selling drugs. Considering the fact he didn't know how to do anything else. So when he started selling drugs my mom started using them. She would get high and do crazy things with different men. My dad was never home so she went crazy. I grew older and when I turned 12 she died of drug overdose. My dad went crazy too and started using the drugs he was supposed to sell. Which caused his main suppliers to get angry and so they would beat him senseless while I was in the same room." She paused for a second and started crying.

"It's ok" I said moving close to her and holding her as she cried.

"I'm sorry" She said wiping the tears."Anyway, like I was saying. They would beat him and I wouldn't know what to do. One day they beat him up and the guy that was in charge smiled at me. At the age 12 I definately matured fast. Big breast and butt. I had a nice shape to be that young. So after they beat him, he sent them out and he raped me. My dad wasn't unconcious and tried to stop him. He shot my dad in my face and continued to rape me. I didn't know what to do. A few days later I buried my dad and I got sent to a foster home. I found out I was pregnant and  a few months later I had a beautiful baby girl. I named her Brooklyn Alecia Kelani. Which is my maiden name. And of course I couldn't take care of you at the age of 13 and no house to stay in. So I gave you up for adoption." She said wiping her tears.

"Why didn't you come back for me?" I asked with tears in my eyes.

"Oh that's a good question. You see your foster parents were very strict. I would call everytime I got the chance. They would say 'We will tell her sooner or later about you.' I would just smile thinking about getting you back. But when I found out they passed away I didn't know where you were, who you stayed with, what happened to you. I cried every day for you. I thought about you. I even have baby pictures of you that your foster parents would send me. You were my sweet little baby. I just regret not being able to give you a life, you know?" She said still wiping her tears. I wiped a few of mines too.

"It's okay. I'm sorry all of that stuff happened to you." I said wiping a few tears from my eyes.

"Oh nah don't be sorry. That lifestyle made me the strong woman I am today. With three gorgeous children. A wonderful husband. And a nice home in a beautiful town I was born in." She said smiling.

"That's great. And I have four kids and my wonderful husband. So I see where you come from with that." I said smiling.

"Awwww I can't wait to meet them." She said smiling.

"Ana baby come here!" I yelled and shortly after heard little footsteps running in.

"Yes mommy?" She said hopping in my lap.

"This is Mrs. Brenda. Your grandmother." I said smiling at Brenda who had tears in her eyes. She cries a lot. Just like me.

"Hi Ana." She said shaking Ana's little hand. Ana hopped out of my lap and ran to her hugging her.

"Hi grandma" She said and Brendo held her like her life depended on it and shedding a few tears. I just smiled at the sight.

"Baby!" I heard Dre yell.

"In the living room! Here's my husband and my other 3 kids." I said smiling.

"Hey baby." Dre said kissing my cheek and then looking at Brenda.

"Baby this is Brenda, my biological mom." I said smiling. He looked confused and we gave him a short story about her having me.

"Well Mrs. Brenda, it's nice to meet you. And may I say, you are gorgeous. Almost as pretty as my wife." He said winking at her making her blush.

"Why thank you. And where are the other 3 kids?" She asked looking around.

"Oh yea. Twins! Dj! Come here!" Dre said yelling making Ana laugh.

"Daddy stop screaming." She said laughing. He picked her up and started tickling her making her scream and laugh.

"Alright you two that's enough." I said laughing. "Oh Brenda these are my other three kids. Angel and Carter my 10 year old twins. And Dj, my 15 year old son. Kids this is your grandmother."

"Hi" She said smiling and they smiled back. They started talking and things like that to get to know each other.

"Would you like some food? I can order some take out." I said looking a her.

"Oh no. It's getting late and my husband is probably worried sick. But how about tomorrow night you guys come meet my family. You know eat dinner and just chat." She said standing up smiling.

"That would be great." I said smiling and walking her to the door.

"I'm so glad you hit me with your cart." She said making us both laugh.

"I am too. Mom." I said smiling and hugging her. I watched her walk to her car safely and closed the door. Today has been a loooonnggg day.

Brenda------>

*****************************************************

ALRIGHT! IF YOU WERE CONFUSED HOPEFULLY YOU UNDERSTAND NOW! COMMENT, LIKE, SHARE, VOTE. ALL OF THAT.