Chapter One: You Forgot To Tell Me

I ran around franticly looking for my purple eye shadow and black eyeliner to match the purple zip up dress I was wearing.

" 'Trust me' she says. 'You'll love it' she says," i repeat running downstairs almost tripping over my tiny dog Scamp. Weird name, yeah. Spare me. I named him when i was four. I'm now 17.

My best friend Affy, her full name Afua, told me this morning at school that she had set me up on a blind date. Sure, I haven't dated someone in two year because of...reasons but I wasn't in no way lonely. I was fine being the nerdy choir singer in school and book/movie fanatic out of school. It's how I am.

I put my makeup on and pulled my naturally curly but straightened hair back with a blue clip (good thing my dress had blue in it) letting some pieces fall out in front to frame my face. It was cute. So to waste time, i started to cook the spaghetti and make a small cake for dessert.

I looked at the clock, it said 7. He was late, a whole hour late. "I knew he wouldn't come," I said looking at Scamp. He walked away from me. Even dogs don't want to be with me.

I finished making the cake and popped it into the oven. I finished the spaghetti as well and was about to pull it into some containers when there was a knock at the door. Of course. I put the pots back on the stove, wiped my hands and went out to see who was at the door.

As I walked out, I saw that Scamp had left me a small gift. "Arghhhh! Scamp!" The person knocked again. "Just a second," I yelled putting Scamp n his cage and then cleaning up the poop. I sprayed the room with pumpkin spray, washed my hands and then ran to the door. I fixed my dress before answering.

I opened the door ad just froze. Those curls...those eyes...those dimples...that figure. It was Harry Styles. How did Affy know Harry Styles?! Be calm, Aria. He's a human being... with the voice of an angel! Okay, back to reality.

"Hi," he said breaking into a smile. "Are you my date tonight?"

"Y-yeah. I'm Aria. Come in." I moved out of the doorway. He walked right in and I just shut the door.

"It smells nice. Like...pumpkins!"

I laughed awkwardly. "Yeah... My dog left me a present while you were at the door." I pointed to Scamp. "He usually never does that."

"He's just harmless. And sorry i was late. I had to find a different wasy here. And Zayn lied about the tme." He rolled his eyes.

I started walking to the kitche, smelling the cake. "That's alright. I've just been cooking."

"Is that spaghetti? I love spaghetti," he said following me.

"Yes it is." I pulled the cake out and put it on the table, getting ready to decorate it after it cools off. I grabbed vanilla icing and some fruit. "So, how do you know Affy? She neve mentioned you at all."

He sat down, smelling the cake. "She didn't tell you?" I shook my head. "She dates Zayn."

I dropped all the stuff in my hand on the table. "She what? You're kidding right?" He shook his head. "How did she meet him?"

Affy POV

I was cuddled up on the sofa with Zayn. We were watching Grease (my choice) and eating popcorn. "Zayn."

"Hmm?"

"Do you remember how we met?"

He shifted under me. "Of course I do. It was at one of our concerts...."