Sequel Chapter Seventeen: Meet My Dead Father

Aria POV

"Dad?"

"Aria..."

I looked back through the door to make sure that Harry wasn't downstairs yet. I also made sure the front door wasn't locked before i stepped outside into the warm June air and faced my father. I crossed my arms over my chest. "What part of 'leave me alone' don't you understand?"

"I can't come say happy birthday to my baby girl?"

"I'm not your baby. I'm not even sure that you're my father."

"How can you sat that?"

"How can you stand here after nearly 18 years and want to come back into my life? Tell me how that's fair."

He sighed and looked down. "I know. I'm not the best father out there, but at least i'm trying now. You have to understand something about my job. I can't always be there when you need me."

"I'm not mad about your job. I'm mad that you pretended to kill yourself and then just left me to rot in an ophantage. Justin had to nearly raise himself and then it was him that came to find me. It seemed like you didn't even care." I couldn't stop the tears that were nearly falling down my face now. I've kept that in so long and to finally have it come out of my mouth is just...

"Aria, i thought you were-oh. Hello," Harry said opening our front door. Shit. "I'm Harry Styles."

"I know," my dad said shifting his gaze over to Harry. "I've seen you and my daughter in those magazines."

"Daughter? Aria, i thought-"

"Yeah, i did too," i said under my breath.

"It's not Aria's fault. I kind of just left her when she was a baby. I faked my own death." 

Harry's eyes widened. "Oh."

"Daddy I'm hungry," Gracie screamed while coming up behind Harry and holding onto his leg. "Who are you?"

"Gigi, be nice."

My dad knelt down in front of Gracie and she just hid behind Harry's leg more. ''Hi Gracie. I'm your grandfather."

"I've never seen you before."

"That's because i live very far."

"Thanks for the Family Reunion dad but i need to go get ready." I wiped the tears out my eyes and crossed my arms again, looking at the flowers that were in his hand.

"Right, don't want to keep you waiting on your own birthday. Here," he handed me the flowers and then a small box. I opened it and it revealed a necklace. "It was your mother's. I thought you would love to have it, since this is all i have left of her." I looked back up at him, not being able to say anything. "Well, i'll be here till next week. I'm staying at the hotel in town if you ever want to forgive me. Love you." He leaned over and kissed me on top of my head and then walked back to his car, getting in and driving off.

"Who was that old man.'' Gracie asked again looking up at Harry.

He leaned down and picked her up. "He told you who he was. That's your grandpa." He looked at me and then went back inside.

"Harry wait.'' I walked in after him and closed the front door behind me.

"What Aria? Are you going to finally tell me that's the guy you were talking to at our wedding?" He put Gracie at the table and began fixing her cereal.

"How did you-"

"I saw you walk off with him when i was on stage."

"Harry, just hear me out. I really thought he was dead. I didn't invite him to our wedding, he just came and found me. I guess that's what happens when you work for the secret force. I swear i'm telling you the truth. I thought i would never see him again." Tears started to form in my eyes again.