1: "Cheap Wine"

The bags under my eyes had become more prominent as each day went by. My eyes were still red from drowning in an ocean of my tears for countless of hours. I felt like a broken vase that would be nearly impossible to put back together. He broke me. His words swarmed around me like a bunch of angry wasps. "You're not good enough"
"You're psychotic" "you're such a humongous whore"

I stared at myself in the mirrors that hung against my closet door, picking at all the insecurities. Then, there was a knock on my bedroom door. I whispered a faint 'come in' My voice was incredibly hoarse I wouldn't be surprised if they heard me or not. My friend, Angela, peaked her head through the door.

"I hope you don't mind, your mom let me up." She said cautiously. You could tell she was worried by the tone of her voice. It was mellow and soft, which was almost never like her.
I sat on the edge of my bed as she pulled up a chair in front of me. She had already knew what was going on between my Ex-boyfriend, Jon,  and I. She was disgusted that a man would ever allow himself to put his hands on a woman. I recalled every single memory of him, whether it was good or bad, it all came rushing back. My head collapsed in my hands and I started to sob once again.

"Oh lexi, I'm so sorry," Angela pulled me into a hug, "you know what we need to do?"

I looked up and shook my head. "We need to get you back out there!" She jumped up. I rolled my eyes "I think the last thing I need is to 'get out onto the market." 

Angela crossed her arms, "That's not what I meant. You just need to get out and get your mind off of things. You know 'let loose' , I mean just look at this place." She waved her arms around.

The room was messy. It had dirty tissues spread about the floor as well as unwashed clothes were dispersed everywhere. She was right. The only reason why I wasn't letting go of the past was because I was surrounded by my upholding sadness and it was weighing me down. 

I sighed and ran my hand through my hair, "You're right. If I don't get out now, then I'll be stuck here forever."

"That's my girl!" She smiled and pushed herself from the chair and strutted over to my closet. She began to tear at my clothes one by one, adding them to the pile that had already accumulated on the floor.
"Ah ha!" She exclaimed and pulled out a black tight dress and a wool jacket.

"Why do I need that?"  I questioned her while tugging at the skimpy dress. "We're gonna go to the club, you're going to need a hot outfit." She turned back around to look for heels to match. I groaned and fell onto my bed. "Okay Miss Mopey, put this on." She tossed the dress in my face and ushered me to the bathroom.
Once I entered the bathroom, I slipped on the dress and coat and frantically buckled the heels. The mirror showcased this person who was not at all like me. I was mostly quiet and calm. Occasionally, I liked to get out and party, but not often. I grabbed a dark red lipstick a pushed it against my lips.

"I can't believe I'm doing this." I chuckled to myself.  Suddenly, there was a banging on the bathroom door. "Are you almost done in there? We don't have all night!" Angela exclaimed in between bangs. I stepped out of the bathroom and her jaw dropped. "That's what I'm talking about! Damn!" I laughed at her remark and did a little spin. "Okay girl, lets go get some cheap wine. I'm not about to pay 15 bucks for a shot at the club." She grabbed my arm and pulled me out the front door.

Authors Note
Hi! I just wanted to tell you a little about myself and the book if your new to reading my stories. Now, disclaimer there won't be a lot of these authors notes, unless it's something important,  because I want the story to flow. Let's begin with an about me:
So I'm parkhillromance well I was dismaldun oopsand I'm from Los Angeles, California! I think I joined Wattpad around 2014 and started writing O2L fan fictions. Oh god.. 13 year old me was so cringey. Anyways, I've moved on from that and I want to start writing things that are not fan fiction, but I also wanted to do one more. I mean this story is going to be a mix because it has to deal with some real life issues. Now, where did I get the name "Polygraph Eyes"?  Well, I started listening to this artist by the name of Yungblud and I'm just super in love with him. His music is just something so many can relate too, and he talks about serious issues/topics that most artists are scared to mention. I love it! (Okay, yes he's like my dream punk boy...)  anyways, he has a song called "Polygraph Eyes" and it talks about sexual assault. I don't want to give away too much of the story so if you want to listen to the song to get an idea of what's going to happen, you're more than welcome too. I can't stop you.... or can I?
Anyways, this note is getting long and I don't want to strain your eyes any longer. Enjoy the story! :)