10: "All Bullocks"

A/N: thank you so much for 1k reads! I haven't written a story in ages so this is absolutely nuts to see! Love ya, enjoy 🖤

We walked up the long winding staircase that led to my apartment and stopped outside my door.

"Thanks for everything, Dom" I said giving him a hug and leaving a kiss on his cheek.

"I would do anything for you, lex" He said rubbing the back of his head nervously.

"So you would jump off a cliff in a speedo that says 'I love Alexia' on the butt into a body of water full of sharks?" I smirked and rolled my eyes.

Dominic chuckled a bit, "I said anything." He planted a kiss on my forehead and wished me a goodnight. I watched him go down the stairs and into his car, eventually being sadden by him driving away. I was falling for this boy more and more every day.

I smiled to myself as I entered in my living room. When I finally unlocked the door, I saw my mom sitting on the couch with a frightened look on her face. Her eyes panned over to me as I rushed to her side.

"What wrong? What happened?" I said frantically checking my mom for any wounds.

"He's back" she said as she shivered in her place.

"Who?" There was a noticeable confused tone in my voice.

She raised her arm and pointed behind me. I slowly turned my head around and saw someone I thought I would never see again:

Jon.

                                              ***

He towered over me as I turned to face him. I took a big gulp and dreaded what was going to happen next.

"Hello Alexia." He had a mischievous grin on his face. He looked guilty of something.

"Jon." I said looking at him sternly, trying not to act afraid.

"Princess, I know you're afraid. Don't worry I'm not here to hurt you." He said grabbing my chin to look up at him, "I'm only here because you ignored my texts and my calls."

"Thats the kind of thing that someone does when they don't want to talk." I shrugged.

"Why wouldn't you want to talk to me?" He raised an eyebrow, still having the grin on his face.

"Let me think, you do crazy shit like this!" I ripped his hand away from my face.

He only chuckled and shook his head, "I'll pick you up at 8 on Wednesday" He stopped at my doorway, "Oh and tell your little boyfriend to stay away from whats not his or things will get ugly." With that he left.

My knees buckled as I was frightened and I fell on the floor. I continuously sobbed for what seemed like hours. All I could think about was 'Why me?' Out of all the girls he dated, why was I so special to him? Why did he feel like he needed to come back into my life? I sighed and traced circles into the carpet with my finger.

                                            ***

I ignored any contact with Dominic for the next couple of days. It was dangerous for him to be around me, now that Jon was here. If Jon allowed himself to lay his hands on a woman, imagine what he might do to him. The days seemed to grow longer, and I grew more upset than I ever was before. Every slight noise or movement I would flinch at. I didn't understand how my life can go from good to shit in the matter of minutes, maybe even seconds.

My "date" with Jon didn't go as bad as I thought, but he's been around more than usual. Just because I went out with him, not even under my own free will, he thinks he should be apart of my life. That includes anywhere I go, anyone I talk to, and anything I do. He was always there. Dominic eventually gave up trying to contact me, and it hurt. As much as I didn't want to admit it, I missed him. It hurt me that I may never see him again, and I couldn't do anything about it. As much as I longed for him, I cared about his safety even more. I couldn't risk him getting hurt because of something from my past life. I warned you before, I tend to push the ones I care most about away.

There was a light knock on the door. Jon was in the bathroom so I took the liberty of answering it. When I opened it, I didn't expect to see Dominic standing there.

"What are you doing here?" I sounded broken. I wanted to hug him and kiss him so much, it hurt to hold back.

"You wouldn't answer me, I thought something bad happened." He placed his hand over his heart as a sign of relief that I was alright. In reality, I wasn't. I was being kept prisoner in my own home.

"Y-you shouldn't be here." I look down, blinking away the tears forming in my eyes.

"Why?" He was confused.

"She's right pretty boy, you shouldn't step foot near her." Jon appeared behind me in the door frame.

I looked up and met Dominic's eyes. They were like a dark abyss that you wouldn't be able to find your way out of. You could see the hurt in his emerald orbs. He was broken. That's when I knew he really had cared about me.

"After everything I did for you." He shook his head and looked away from me, "You had to go back to the one who broke your heart. Well Alexia, you broke mine and I don't plan on coming back."

He used my full name instead of my nickname which hurt. I stayed quiet. My conscious was ripping at my insides begging me to scream for his help, but I couldn't. I needed him to go. He needs to find someone better for him, someone that will be there for him through thick and thin.

Tears brimmed at the edge of my eyes as I whispered my last goodbye to him and watched our souls part away from each other. I wanted to run down those stairs and tackle him with kisses. Instead, I closed the door thinking I would never see him again. In retrospect, it seemed like that was the only real option, and I was willing to try to be okay with it.

My beautiful green eyed boy,
I've finally come to terms with myself... I love you. You make my heart full every time I see you smile. It's too late for us though as I ruined everything. I wish you could find it somewhere in your heart to forgive me and let me back in your life, but it's something that's difficult and takes time. You make me the happiest person alive, I really don't deserve you. I let you slip away to protect you from my life. I didn't want to have the insanity that makes up myself to interfere with your success. You deserve all the happiness in the world, and I could only wish that our souls will dance together in another time.