27: "Juvenile Sinner"

Lexi's Point Of View

It has been a difficult couple of days since I've been home. I can't move my fingers, which makes me fully dependent on Dominic. I think the both of us were not so ready for it and didn't realize how extreme this was going to be. Ever since I've been home, we've been arguing about the littlest of things. Most of the times it's my fault. I'm use to doing things on my own, but the fact that my motor skills are damaged I feel like I'm helpless.

Dom sat at the other end of the couch watching me struggle to eat. I begged him to let me try it on my own. My knuckles couldn't bed around the spoon to pick up my cereal. Milk would spill all over my hands and I just couldn't take it anymore. I threw the spoon back into the bowl and watched the milk splash everywhere.

"Babe, it takes time." Dom looked at the now milk stained carpet

"I don't think you realize how shitty it is to not to be able to fend for yourself" I said under my breath.

"You act like you're a burden to me, and you're not." He picked up the bowl from my lap and placed it on the coffee table.

I let out a heavy sigh and curled into a ball in the corner of the couch. "I'm sorry" I whimpered into a pillow. Dom turned his head towards me and placed a hand on my shoulder. I sat up, now looking at the rear stained pillow.

"You don't have to be sorry for anything, love" He moved his hand to caress my cheek, "I'm here for you til the end of time." He wiped my tears with his thumbs and planted a kiss on my forehead

                                          ***

Each night I'm left wide awake shielding underneath the covers with dom wrapped around my side. Im terrified of looking over and seeing Jon. His tall skinny figure looms over my bed like a ghost in my nightmares. Melatonin doesn't do anything for me anymore. As each day passes, the bags under my eyes grow puffier and the dark circles become a deep abyss of worry. It looks like my body is going to give out any day now. Even though he's been caught, I can't help but to think he's going to get me. He's intelligent, I'll give him that, and I know he won't stop until he has me...

Dead or alive.