9: "Ritalin Club"

I watched the leaves, one by one, fall off the tree that was planted outside of my window. Autumn was slowly turning into Winter, my favorite season. Although Dronfields' weather was highly unpredictable, when the snow eventually came, I was in heaven. I backed away from my window and proceeded to get myself ready for dinner with Dominic.
  I pulled out a low cut black dress with lace material that acted like a corset. I folded the dress and set it aside so I can do my hair. The curling iron was steaming hot, that every time it would get close to my head it would feel like a sauna. My makeup only consisted of mascara and filling in my eyebrows. 
I never wore makeup because I felt as if it didn't suit me. Whenever I'd apply it, you would just see my pores. It was hideous. I lifted the dress over my head being careful not to let the fabric touch my makeup and smear on the dress. 

"Alexia! You have company!" My Mom shouted from the end of the hallway.

"I'll be there in a second!"

I smoothed out my dress as I looked in the mirror at my outfit. I sighed and smiled at myself. For the first time in a while, I finally felt content with myself. I walked down the hallway and saw my mom and Dominic talking and laughing on the couch.

"You should have seen her when she was younger!" My Mom laughed and Dominic showed a wide smile.

I cleared my throat to get their attention. They both turned their heads to look at my outfit. Dominic looked at me from head to toe with a smirk slightly appearing on his face.

"You look so pretty sweetie." My Mom sat straight with a smile.

"Yeah," Dominic gave a small laugh as he was amazed, " You look stunning." He got off the couch to give me a hug in which I returned.

"Shall we go then?" He placed his hand out for me to grab. I nodded and smiled as I laced my fingers in his.

"You two have fun!" My Mom rushed us out the door and waved bye, stopping herself at the door frame.

The drive there consisted of jamming and screaming out the lyrics to heavy rock songs.

(6/13/18 a/n: HOLY SHIT DOM JUST LIKED MY TWITTER POSTS)

Eventually, Dominic stopped the car at the edge of a boardwalk at the beach. He got out of the car a quickly trotted over to my door to let me out. I smiled as he offered his hand to lead me to our destination. As my heels clicked against the the wood of the boardwalk, I noticed a small glowing area in the distance. When my eyes focused on the glowing patch, I realized they were candles surrounding a red blanket with food on platters spread out.

"You did all of this for me?" I stood there amazed. No one had ever been this thoughtful. My mind was slowly changing about Dominic, maybe he won't be like the others.

He nodded and smiled blissfully. His eyes sparkled as the sun was setting behind us. We both sat down on the blanket, Dominic distributing plates, and I watched the sun lowered itself into the horizon.

"Here you go." Dom said as he handed me a glass of champagne.

We sat there in silence enjoying our food, which Dominic prepared himself. Occasionally, one of us would say 'mmm' out of enjoyment of the dish. He had made us fettuccini alfredo with golden grilled chicken mixed into it. The dish was topped of with a basil leaf for decoration.

As we finished up our last bites, Dominic began to clean up and put the dishes back into the picnic basket.

"I can't believe you did this all for me." I smiled to myself and looked down.