four

Marci strolled through the crowded corridor of the Smithsonian Museum, enjoying herself as she watched the types of people each exhibit appealed too

Marci strolled through the crowded corridor of the Smithsonian Museum, enjoying herself as she watched the types of people each exhibit appealed too. As a child Marci's father, Thomas, would constantly bring her to the museum each time a new history exhibit was unveiled. Thomas was a big history nerd, which in turn led Marci to be one too. Marci didn't go to the museum often, and when she did it was always a pleasant experience. Despite the usual crowds that lingered its halls, she found it to be relaxing. Walking through the exhibits at her own pace. Picking the sections that piqued her interest to stop at take a moment longer to look at. 

There were parents guiding their small children through the sea of people. A smile etched itself on her lips each time a child would run off to point at something they liked. There was a small girl, only about four or five, who stood captivated by the Subodh Gupta exhibit. Although the child had no clue what the objects were, it was the beauty they held that captivated her. Subodh Gupta had created wondrous architectural pieces that stood almost fifteen feet high. The art pieces reminded Marci of the stalagmites of the caves Marci and her father would tour during her childhood summers out in the Midwest.

Although the art was always something that Marci enjoyed, it wasn't the reason for visit. She continued her on path going past the Women in War exhibit, a personal favorite of hers being a female veteran herself, but as the familiar voice on the speaker made its way to her ears, she knew that she had arrived.

"A symbol to the nation. A hero to the world. The story of Captain America is one of honor, bravery and sacrifice."

Marci still couldn't believe that she had met Steve Rogers, Captain freaking America. She was always fascinated by his story; one full of transformation, loss and bravery. She remembered her grandfather telling her stories of Captain America as he tucked her into bed as a child. He served in the war at the same time as Steve, they never personally met, but the stories of him circulated through the camps. Steve was a childhood hero of hers, and to think she had the honor of meeting him completely blew her mind. Her grandfather would be jealous. She could imagine the look on his face if he was still around for her to share the news. 

Slowly but surely, Marci made her way through the hordes of people looking at the different sections of Steve's exhibit. The first section Marci went to view was an area of Steve before he was injected with the super solider serum that made him who he was today. She stood with her arms folded across her chest as she eyed the life size photo of him. Saying he was small was a complete understatement. Marci had inherited her father's height genes, taller than the average American women she stood at 5'8".  Despite meeting Steve just a few days prior, she couldn't believe how the serum affected his body. He towered over her in his new form, but even she was a larger than his pre-serum self.

"Denied enlistment due to poor health, Steven Rogers was chosen for a program unique in the annals of American warfare. One that would transform him into the world's first super soldier."