nine

"Charlie Carrier's forty-five degrees off the port bow," Maria spoke, that carrier had been assigned to Steve but he had been occupied with the brunt of the enemies

"Charlie Carrier's forty-five degrees off the port bow," Maria spoke, that carrier had been assigned to Steve but he had been occupied with the brunt of the enemies. "Six minutes, guys," Maria reminded the trio.

Marci was waiting for the boys on top of the third and final helicarrier, "Took you long enough." A smirk found its way to Marcis lip as Sam landed placing Steve safely on the helicarrier.

"You know, you're a lot heavier than you look." Sam told Steve, Marci couldn't tell if he was joking but she laughed anyway.

"I had a big breakfast," He shrugged.
Marci gasped at Steve's comment. "Don't you dare make fun of my cooking," She chuckled. Cap didn't have anytime to respond because before they knew it Bucky came rushing towards them, knocking Steve over the edge of the Helicarrier.

"Steve!" Sam yelled attempting to take off after him, but the Winter Soldier grabbed ahold of one of his wings and tossed him backwards as if he was nothing, almost hitting Marci in the process. Marci stumbled slightly but Sam recovered quickly. He pulled out two guns and began shooting at the Winter Soldier but the Soldier easily evaded the bullets. Marci ran in his direction, the two and her made eye contact as he whipped out a grenade throwing it at the female.

"Uh oh," She said quietly to herself. Out of instinct she grabbed ahold of it, wrapping her small hands around the circular object hoping to contain the blast. Once it detonated within her grasp she felt a surge of power run through her veins causing a dry gasp to escape her lips. She could see a glowing aura coming from under her skin, traveling up her body and before she knew it her eyes held the same fiery glow that they had gained earlier. She collapsed to the ground from the surge of power, coughing slightly as her chest felt tight and held a burning sensation.

"Marci!" Sam yelled turning away from the Winter Soldier. He had attempted to come to her aid, but Bucky used a grappling weapon to attach to one of Sam's wings pulling him to the ground. When he collided with the ground a cacophony of metal hitting metal sounded. The Soldier used his brute strength to pull one of Sam's wings off his Falcon suit, and charged towards him. Sam had time to get to his feet, but wasn't able to defend himself from the oncoming hostile. Before he knew it, he was free falling over through the sky after he had been, literally, kicked off the helicarrier.
Panic manifested itself within Marci's chest when she thought she saw the end of her best friends life, but she just couldn't get up. Her body felt numb and she continued to struggle to catch her breath.

"Cap?" Marci's eyes widen in happiness to hear her best friends voice. "Cap, come in." He repeated. "Are you okay?" Marci waited for a response unsure of where Steve was but she saw the Winter Soldier peering over the edge.
"Yah, I'm here!" Steve responded quickly and out of breath. "I'm still on the Helicarrier. Where are you?"

"I'm grounded," Sam spoke from his position atop of one of the buildings of the Triskelion. "The suits down. I'm sorry, Cap."

"Don't worry, I got it." Steve said confidently. Marci gripped her head in her hands, rocking back and forth grunting in pain. Once the wave of pain washed over her she attempted to make it to her feet. Unsure if she'd be able to stand, she slowly progressed until she was standing prepared to go find the others.
It took her a few moments before she found herself at the underbelly of the helicarrier where the targeting chips needed to be inserted. When she arrived she found Steve and his former best friend confronting one another. Neither of the two boys had noticed her presence and she planned to use that to her full advantage if things went bad.