six

Marci sat in the warm afternoon air, sipping on a chia tea latte at her favorite cafe, Mugs

Marci sat in the warm afternoon air, sipping on a chia tea latte at her favorite cafe, Mugs. The cold metal patio chair she was seated in gave her a cold sensation anytime she moved, but she embraced the cold with open arms. Marci's nose was buried in her current favorite book, The Notebook. Her phone was placed on the table next to Marci's drink, shaded by the building.

Suddenly her phone vibrated, causing Marci to glance up from the page she was reading. She curiously grabbed her phone to see who it was.

New Text Message:
Got Sitwell, everything went good. Got lots of stuff to tell you when I get back.
-Sam

Marci smiled down at her phone, not bothering to answer because she had planned to stop at Sam's house later tonight. Marci took a sip of her drink once more before getting back to her book.

About an hour later a cacophony of screeching tires and gun shots caused panic to erupt in the normally quiet part of town she was in. Marci looked around to find the source of the noises, her eyes connected with the highway on the elevated road above the area she was in. A horrifying sight caused her heart to clench and her stomach to drop.

She watched as a car went flying above the road, spinning in the air before it landed on the ground with a large crash. She stood up from her chair making it go tumbling backwards behind her. "Oh my god." She mumbled to herself. Though that wasn't even the worst thing she would see. Soon a fiery explosion went off on top of the bridge, and a body went flying off into a bus that was driving down the street.

Marci's body reacted before her mind could even process what she was doing, she ran towards the overturned bus. The door was jammed shut but she was able to get it open just enough for her small figure to squeeze through. "Is everyone okay?" She asked, the people inside responded with groans most of them saying yes. "You guys need to get over of here, now." She said escorting people to the door. Now on the inside she was able to force the door fully open by giving it a powerful kick.

Everyone was out of the bus except a body groaning in the back corner. "Hey!" She ran up next to the man placing her delicate hand on his back. "Are you alright?" She asked, not able to see if the persons face.

Suddenly the man pushed himself to his feet and when he turned to face her she audibly gasped. "Steve?" She said in shock.

He placed his hand to his hand, before looking at Marci. "Marci?" He responded in the exact same tone as she had. "What are you doing here?"

"You're the one who got blown out of the sky into a bus, and you're asking me what I'm doing here?" She countered.

"Good point," Steve shrugged. He took a deep breath looking around for his shield, but he wasn't able to find it. "You should get out of here, it's dangerous."