five

As soon as Marci and Sam entered Sam's house, Marci collapsed on Sam's couch gasping for air

As soon as Marci and Sam entered Sam's house, Marci collapsed on Sam's couch gasping for air. "Why did I agree to that?" Marci said in between breaths, talking about the run the pair had just returned from. "Never again."

Sam gave Marci's limp figure a small chuckle before going to his fridges a pulling out two ice cold water bottles. He walked around his counter towards Marci, throwing the water bottle to her. But she was still complaining about the run, and it smacked her in the stomach causing her to groaning.

"You ass." She grunted while sitting up and opening the bottle. The then down about half of it in a handful a quickly sips. "Ahhh." She sighed enjoying the ice cold water. But the sudden knocking noise coming from Sam's patio door caused her to almost spill of herself. Marci coughed, choking on her water. Once she recovered she gave Sam a strange look, he was already creeping his way towards the door. Marci was confused, who would be knocking on Sam's patio?

As Sam approached the door, he hesitantly pulled back the drawn curtains. He released the breath he didn't even realize he was holding in when he saw two familiar faces standing on the other side of the door.

"Who is it?" Marci had stood up, her arms crossed tightly over her chest.

"Steve." He responded, then unlocked the door allowing Steve and his red headed friend to be seen by Marci. Marci couldn't remember her name, but she recognized her as a fellow Avenger. "Hey man," Sam said a confused tone laced in his voice.

"I'm sorry about this," Steve said apologetically feeling a bit bad for intruding on his day. "We need a place to lay low."

"Everyone we know is trying to kill us." Natasha added, an eyebrow raising slightly.  Sam glanced from Natasha to Steve, allowing a small gap of silence to ease its way into the conversion.

"Not everyone," Sam said with a firm yet kind voice. Sam stepped aside, opening the door for the pair allowing them to enter his home. As they entered Steve's eyes met Marci's and he sent her a small smile and quick nod.

"Marci," he said.

"Steve," She returned the smile. Marci walked towards the pair but stopped by the red head, "Marci Cramer, it's nice to meet you." She extended her hand to Natasha.

"Natasha Romanoff." The woman responded.

"Not to sound like an ass or anything, but you guys look like hell." Marci laughed, looking at the dirtied Steve and Natasha. The two had tattered clothes with soot stains on both their attire and faces.

"There's a spare bedroom with a bathroom, feel free to clean yourselves up." Sam said gesturing down the hall where the bedroom was located. Typically it was the room Marci used when she spent the night at Sam's.

"I have a few extra outfits in there, I'm sure they'd fit you." Marci said to Natasha, who gave her a genuine smile in return.

"Follow me," Sam said guiding the pair down the hall to the spare bedroom and bathroom, showing them where the towels and extra toiletries were, the left the two alone.