twenty

Getting Bucky back to their shared apartment was almost harder than breaking into the Hydra base. As they entered the apartment Marci ushered Bucky to the mattress on the floor. Bucky groaned as she lowered his body to the ground; she hated seeing him in pain.

After he was situated, Marci bolted to the bathroom, rummaging around the cabinets for the first aid kit she had put together for them. Once her eyes locked on the familiar box, she grabbed it and took it to Bucky. He was still sitting on the mattress, holding his flesh hand to his wound. "Take off your shirt," Marci said as she kneeled onto the ground next to him. Bucky raised his eyebrows at her and gave a her a look which made her roll her eyes. "Don't," she held up a finger to him like he was a child.

Bucky chuckled but did as he was told. As his chest was exposed, Marci closely examined his wound. She moved to his side, checking for an exit hole, but there wasn't one. Marci nodded to herself before going to the kitchen grabbing a bottle of vodka, a wooden spoon and a small paper cup. "Is now really the time to be drinking?" Bucky teased.

"Don't worry, it's for you," Marci replied, "Lay down." She helped Bucky ease his back onto the mattress. Once he was in position she opened up the first aid kit pulling out rubber gloves from inside. As she slipped them onto her hands a familiar feeling washed over. It had been a long time since she had been in the operating room, but it felt as if she had never left. "This is going to hurt," she paused, "-a lot," she added. "I don't have any type of anesthetic."

"Marci, I'll be fine," Bucky reassured her, "Just get the god damn thing out." Marci swallowed harshly but nodded nonetheless. Marci reached over, grabbing the wooden spoon and the bottle of vodka.

"Here, bite on this," Marci gave it to Bucky who slipped it between his lips. He gave her a nod once more. Marci opened the bottle of vodka and pour it on the bullet hole. Bucky groaned and squirmed at the burning sensation that overcame him. Marci had to keep reminding herself that this was necessary, that she needed to take the bullet out. She then pulled the scalpel from the kit and made an incision along the length of the wound, she wiped away the blood that pooled around the wound. Bucky bit down onto the spoon and yelled into it; Marci continued to block out the noise.

After she cut into him the fun part began; she needed to find the bullet. She eased her fingers into the incision and she immediately felt the cool metal. Within an instant she pulled the piece out and dropped it into the paper cup she had grabbed earlier. "You got lucky," she told Bucky, "Some how the bullet missed all of your organs."

"I don't feel very lucky," Bucky panted.

Marci looked over to him giving him a sad smile, "Let's get you stitched up."

After twenty minutes of Marci stitching Bucky up like a ripped pair of pants, she was finally done. "Good as new," Marci told him, "Almost," she added. Marci took a piece of gauze and some medical tape and covered the wound. Bucky pushed himself into a sitting position and then scooted himself backwards to lean against the wall.

A deep sigh escaped his lips, "Thank you," the corner of his mouth lifted. Marci took off her gloves and sat down on the mattress next to him.

She shook her head, "You don't have to thank me," she told him, "After all, that bullet was meant for me. I should be thanking you."

Bucky shrugged turning away from her, "It was nothing."

"Bullshit," Marci surprised him with that one, "You're a good amount taller than me. If I would have taken that bullet it would have gotten me right in the heart," she pointed to her heart with one hand while the other pointed to Bucky's wound. "I wouldn't have survived that one." Marci move herself even closer to Bucky, leaning her head against his shoulder she said, "So let me be grateful. Let me thank you," she paused, "Because today you were my hero." She could feel Bucky stiffen next to her. She withdrew her head and looked to him, he was already looking down at her. Marci's stomach churned at the thought of their close proximity. Marci could feel his breath on her face and she couldn't ignore his ocean eyes which flicked between her chocolate orbs and her lips.

There was no denying the way she felt about Bucky. After spending so much time with him she couldn't help the feelings she developed. But at the same time she knew that he was still trying to figure himself out. He wasn't in the right state of mind for a relationship; at least that's what she told herself.

Marci watched Bucky carefully as he began to move in. Her breath hitched in her throat before one final thought entered her mind, screw it. Marci leaned forward until the gap between them was as small as possible. With one final glance to Bucky's lips she closed the space between them. As their lips connected, Bucky didn't move. Marci noticed how tense he was and pulled away. "I'm sorry," she backed up a bit, looking at the blank expression on Bucky's face, "I- I thought-," Marci abruptly stopped talking as Bucky leaned closer to her once more. He reached over and cupped her cheek with his flesh hand, thumb tracing her lips. Marci closed her eyes and turned into his touch. A shaky breath escaped her lips as she reopened her eyes. When she did, Bucky's face was just inches from her own. This time, he was the one to close the gap.

As his lips met Marci's her whole body felt as if it had gone up in flames. Their lips moved in sync in a kiss that was delicate as a flower; as if Bucky was afraid to break her. It was slow yet it held so many emotions that Marci felt as if she could break down right then and there. She brought her body closer to his craving to feel his touch. She placed her hand on his bare chest as their lips continued to dance together. Her hand slid down a tad and the tape from his wound scratched at her palm. That was all she needed to snap back to reality. She again pulled away from him. "We," her voice came out barely above a whisper, "We should... I...," she couldn't find any words. Her lips felt numb like his were still pressed to hers. She swallowed harshly and cleared her throat slightly. "That was nice," she settled on.

Bucky chuckled slightly as he straightened up, he went to speak but a tug on his stitches caused him to hiss in pain. "You should get some rest," Marci put a hand on his arm, giving it a small squeeze. Marci gave him one last look before she walked over to the couch she normally slept on.

"Goodnight Marci," Bucky's voice spoke.

Her hand lifted to her face and traced her lips, "Goodnight Bucky," she softly responded before tucking herself in and falling into a deep sleep.

Early that next morning, Marci was woken up by her phone ringing. Marci groaned and groggily slipped off the couch. She walked into the kitchen where her phone had been charging on the counter. Her brows furrowed as she stared at the screen before her. "Who is it?" Bucky, who had been woken up by the noise as well, noticed the confused expression on her face.

"It says it's from the White House," Marci's eyes locked on to Bucky's as she slid her finger across the screen accepting the call. "Hello?" She spoke into the phone.

"Hello, I'm looking to speak to Sophia Cramer?" A female voice responded.

Marci's brows furrowed once more. "This is she," she said skeptically.

"Hello, Sophia," the woman started, "My name is Becca Thompson, I'm the assistant of Secretary Thaddeus Ross. You see, we need you to come in."

—————
Ahhh it finally happened after sooo many fluffy chapters! I originally wasn't gonna have them kiss yet but I feel like it was help their relationship grow so I hope y'all are happy with my decision.

And as promised I got this up before I move into college (barely lol I leave tomorrow morning)

But this was the last part of part two so part three will be coming soon (hopefully lol)

Oh and we need a ship name for Marci and Bucky so make sure to leave your suggestions in the comments!

I was thinking Marky? Barci? Mucky? Macky?