Chapter 1; Broken Wings

Bella and Edward were on their way to the Cullen home

Bella and Edward were on their way to the Cullen home. Alice had called earlier, saying that she had a vision that she did not understand and something was going to happen. As they made their way through the winding back roads, the conversation was confusing, to say the least.

"So, she had a vision of different colors?" Bella asked incredulously.

"Apparently. There was also a deformed eagle, some type of hair and you were running through the forest yelling someone's name," Edward nodded.

"'Cause that narrows it down," Bella muttered.

Edward chuckled, turning into the hidden drive. Bella noticed him stiffen as he parked.

"What's wrong?" She asked of him.

"Jacob is here, the pack is close by," Edward informed.

They stepped out of the vehicle to find Jacob running up to them, out of breath. He was sweating up a storm, his thoughts jumbled and confusing, making it nearly impossible for Edward to read him. The rest of the Cullen's came out to the porch when one of the wolves let out a howl.

"What's going on?" Carlisle asked.

"We came to warn you," Jacob huffed out. "She was coming this way."

Edward tried reading him again, catching a glimpse of the strange woman with wings that had burned a permanent image in Jacob's mind.

"I've never seen anything like it," Edward gasped.

"We don't know what it is, either. She flew off the other night when we first encountered her. We just intercepted her again," Jacob said quickly.

"Who is 'she'?" Jasper demanded.

"It's a woman. White hair, her eyes are red, but her heart is beating, wings?" Edward said in disbelief.

Bella froze. She was pretty sure her heart had stopped beating, but in actuality, her heart took off like it never had before in anticipation. The description of this woman, it was someone she knew long ago. All the vampires heard her poor heart.

"Bella?" Edward became worried.

Bella didn't say a word. Her breath came out quickly, she pawed at the air behind her, searching to sit.

Edward immediately came to her aid as she sank to the ground. Carlisle rushed over, pen light in hand.

"Bella, please talk to me!"

Their voices became muffled in her ears. She still didn't speak.

All the vampires, including Jacob, knelt next to her. Carlisle shined the light to her eyes, he didn't see anything wrong.

"I don't see anything wrong," Carlisle said, not sure what else to say.

There was another howl, followed by a god awful screech. Bella stopped breathing, she knew that sound. She scrambled up, nearly startling everyone around her, and took off running towards the sound.