Chapter 18; True Colors

Phoenix and Carlisle stood on the porch, waving goodbye to Bella and Edward as they sped away. Phoenix turned to Carlisle with a smile.

"Do you know where Angel is?" She asked him.

"She's around back speaking to Leah. There was an incident," Carlisle said.

Phoenix's face fell. "What kind of incident?"

Carlisle linked arms with his mate and led her inside, making his way to the back door.

"Jacob found out that Bella and Edward planned to have a traditional honeymoon. He did not take it well," Carlisle said softly as they stepped out back. Phoenix laid eyes on her daughter, smiling at her little angel. But she immediately noticed a tense looking Leah.

"Are you alright, Leah?" Phoenix asked her shifter friend.

"No," Leah said curtly.

Angel grabbed Leah's hand. "She's upset with Jacob."

"Why? What happened?"

Angel sighed, knowing her mother was probably going to overreact.

"I was out flying when Jacob showed up to surprise Bella. I noticed that he had his hands wrapped around her arms; he was hurting her. So, I intervened. He started to be threatening towards me and then Leah stepped in."

Phoenix was silent. She heard her daughter, she heard the whole story, but all she could hear was Jacob threatened her daughter. Phoenix marched foward, unfurling her wings.

"Mom?"

Phoenix then pumped her wings, shooting up and headed for La Push. Leah grinned slightly and ran off, shifting on the fly.

"Mom! Don't! Leah!" Angel whipped her wings free and followed.

Phoenix was much faster than Angel. She made it to La Push in record time. She landed and marched towards Jacob's house, she has no idea if Carlisle tried to follow her, but she knew that he wouldn't pass the treaty line. She pounded on the door four times, ready to snatch Jacob up by the throat.

Phoenix's mouth sneered into a devilish smile when Jacob opened the door. She wrapped her pale hand around his throat and flung him out of the house. Jacob phased in mid air, landing on his giant paws with a thud. The russet wolf bared his teeth, snarling at the sudden attack.

As Phoenix marched towards the wolf, Billy rolled to the doorway. "Phoenix! What's going on?"

She ignored him, stretching out her wings as she walked toward Jacob. She was absolutely furious, this mongrel threatened her daughter. The was past the point of reasoning. Phoenix sprang at Jacob, using her powerful wings to propel herself. The movement surprised him, he'd never seen her move so fast before. He tried to dodge, but he wasn't quick enough. Phoenix and locked her fingers in his scruff, yanking him with adrenaline-filled strength, and threw him into a nearby tree.

Jacob yelped slightly at the impact, but quickly jumped back up onto his four paws. He growled at her, a warning. 

Ha! Phoenix thought to herself. A warning?

Phoenix lunged at him again, this time, Jacob dodged successfully. He didn't even try to snap at her.

"Ugh!" Phoenix shrieked in frustration. "Fight back, you little bitch!"

Just then, Leah came crashing through the brush, Angel right on her tail.

"Mom, wait!" Angel cried.

"Go back home, Angel," Phoenix ground out.

"No!" Angel stomped her foot.

"Stay out of it!" Phoenix snarled, her eyes shone red.

Sam Uley had joined the ruckus by now. His alpha aura was strong as he addressed the situation. "What hell is going on?"

"Oh, good!" Phoenix bowed dramatically. "A thousand apologies, but it seems that your little puppet here needs his ass beaten."

Jacob snarled. Phoenix turned and walloped him in his snout with her fist. Jacob did snap at her this time, a tooth grazing her skin ever so slightly. Phoenix pounced again, determined to rip out his throat. The fighting went on for a moment, both Jacob and Phoenix covered in each others blood. Angel ran toward the whirling frenzy, calling out for her mother. Leah yelped, running after her, but for some reason, Angel was much faster. Sam called out for Angel to stop desperately, running towards her.

But he wasn't fast enough.

Angel had grabbed hold of Jacob's tail, and he reacted. His instincts kicked into high gear in that moment, the giant wolf whirled around, his piercing claws unsheathed and stroke with all his might. He faintly heard his father calling to him.

"Jacob, no!"

A high-pitched shriek- No, this wasn't just a shriek. It was blood-curdling. The kind of shriek that pierces the eardrums, that immediately makes you sick to your stomach, the kind that makes every single hair on your body rise up, the kind that lets you know that this is the end...

Jacob's rage had calmed and he looked down, seeing a broken, tiny child at his paws.

No... no! Angel, no! Fuck, I'm so sorry! ANGEL!

Jacob made a small movement, he went to whine and nudge the poor child. But his whine was cut off by Leah's canine fangs puncturing his throat.

Yes, hi, hello! I'm back, sort of. Yes, this is a short chapter, I'm really lacking in the creativity area right now, so here's something short and sweet! *wink wink* Cheers to the fillers!