Chapter 12; Last Chance

*Sexual scenes ahead

*Sexual scenes ahead.*

Phoenix landed on the porch of the Cullens. She walked in, noticing that no one was home yet. So, she waited. She sat on the couch, head falling into her hands. The tears that slid down her cheeks surprised her.

"Phoenix?" Carlisle sounded behind her.

Phoenix gasped, quickly wiping away her tears. "Gosh, warn a girl."

"What's wrong? Alice said that you were here," Carlisle's voice was worried.

Phoenix turned, more tears falling down her cheeks. Carlisle threw down his bag and appeared right in front of her, knelt to her eye level, and hands on either side of her face. She sniffled before speaking.

"Jebediah said that I only have five or six months left," she croaked.

Carlisle froze in horror. His eyes filled with tears that will never fall, his chest started to ache with fear and he gulped unnecessarily. Phoenix blinked away her tears, but more fell.

"Oh, Carlisle!" She cried, throwing her arms around him and crashed her lips to his.

This kiss was not like their last one. This was a fearful kiss, one that felt like a goodbye. However, Carlisle was just as fearful and succumbed to the kiss without hesitation. Soon after Carlisle reciprocated, Phoenix became a little aggressive. She pressed herself against him, feeling like she wasn't close enough. She then ripped open his button down shirt, but he gladly shrugged it off and threw it aside.

The warmth of her touch on his ice cold skin was like a drug, it nearly got him high. Her wings wrapped themselves around him and he moaned at the softness. He slid his hands underneath her shirt and up her back, feeling the softest part of her wings. She sighed happily, kissing him one last time before she pulled back.

"I don't trust him. He said that he could be sure that I don't expire, but I don't trust him," she whispered.

"Whatever you choose, I'll follow. If you choose to let him fix it, I'll be watching over him every second," he said softly. "And if you choose to live with the time you have left, I'll be with you every second. And when you pass on, I'll be right behind you."

"What?" Phoenix gasped. "No!"

"I can't live without you."

"Carlisle, they need you!"

"They're adults," Carlisle smiled sadly. "They can live just fine without me."

"You can't do that to Angel," she sobbed.

Carlisle frowned. He had nearly forgotten about his precious Angel.

"You're her dad. She needs you," Phoenix sniffled.

"Okay, okay," he soothed.

Phoenix slumped against him, trying to quiet her sobs. Carlisle held her, crying right along with her. Once she had calmed, she sat back to look him in the eyes.

"Whatever I choose?" She asked.

"Whatever you choose," he promised.

Phoenix kissed him again, gently. She then sat back and quickly removed her shirt. Carlisle's eyes widened slightly; she hadn't worn a bra today. Phoenix wrapped her arms around his neck again and kissed him passionately. Carlisle immediately melted into the kiss, gliding his hands down her body, breathing in her scent. God, she was so soft. He knew what she wanted, what this would lead to. He was terrified of the outcome, but he dare not reject her.

Not now.

Carlisle scooped her up effortlessly, dashing up the stairs to his room. He laid her on his newly acquired bed and climbed on top of her. Somehow, Carlisle's pants, shoes and socks had come off and was left in just his boxers. Phoenix struggled with her jeans, but Carlisle easily flipped open the button and off they came. There they were, just in their underwear. Carlisle couldn't help but stare at the beautiful creature beneath him. Her skin was a creamy color; pale, even for a human. Her breasts round, her nipples pink. They were both ready for the union.

"Are you sure?" Carlisle asked huskily.

Phoenix nodded. "Positive."

Both of their underwear disappeared, but Phoenix didn't care how. Carlisle grabbed her hips and pulled her closer to him, positioning himself. Phoenix wasn't afraid of the pain, she had already given birth. She did gasp, though, when Carlisle slid in gently. As they reached the climax, Phoenix cried out his name. Carlisle loved every word that she uttered.

Carlisle laid back, Phoenix cuddled up on his chest.

"I love you," they both whispered to each other.

-

Carlisle

I had my eyes closed. This was the closest I would ever get to falling asleep. The sound of her breathing, the beating of her heart, her scent, the way her skin raised against my cold skin, what we just did, it was the most beautiful thing I had ever experienced. I was very surprised that was able to control myself. I noticed that her breathing slowed, she had fallen asleep.

I looked down at my mate, she was smiling in her sleep. I dared not move, I didn't want to disturb her. As I stared up at the ceiling, my thoughts wandered to Jebediah. Phoenix didn't trust him, and neither did I. What would she choose? Would she trust me enough to watch over Jebediah during the procedure? Or would she choose to just live with the life she has left?

What would I do if she passes? My first instinct would be to follow her. But what of Angel? No. I'd have to stay with Angel. I will stay with Angel.

"We'll help you through it," Edward said from the bottom of the stairs.

'Thank you,' I thought to him.

I breathed in her scent and tried to relax.

A/n: I suck at writing sexual scenes, I know. And surprise! A new chapter! I know its been a while, I'll try to keep updating this regularly, but I can't promise anything. I figured I'd give y'all a special chapter that's just all about Carlisle and Phoenix. And a peak into Carlisle's mind! Thank you guys so much for 66k views, you guys are amazing! <3