Chapter 4; The Quileute Tribe

Alice's eyes glazed over as she was sucked into a vision

Alice's eyes glazed over as she was sucked into a vision. They winere to meet the pack in just a few hours to train in fighting newborns. Angel notice the sudden change in the tiny vampire's demeanor.

"What's happening?" Angel asked.

"She's having a vision," Jasper explained.

"She can see the future? She has the gift of clairvoyance?"

Jasper nodded, slightly surprised by the child's advanced vocabulary. Angel scooted her way closer to Jasper, noticing his scars. She tilted her head.

"What is your gift? Other than winning many battles," the tiny human asked.

Jasper blinked. How can she see them? It's nearly impossible for a human to see his scars.

"I'm part avian. My eyesight is somewhat similar to yours," Angel smiled.

Phoenix sat there on the white couch, watching her daughter converse so easily with vampires. It's something she never thought would happen. She's somewhat happy and concerned that her daughter can make friends so easily.

"I consider that a good thing," Edward whispered to Phoenix, hearing her thoughts.

Phoenix rolled her eyes at him. She'll never get used to his gift. Edward grinned.

It's been about two weeks since Phoenix and Angel came into the Cullen's lives. The Cullen's have accepted them as family already. Angel had all of them wrapped around her little fingers, especially Carlisle.

He watched with a fond smile from the bottom of the stairs. Angel was sitting on the floor, staring up at Jasper as he explained his gift to her. Her wide eyes shone with wonder and curiosity. Carlisle marveled in the idea of being together with Phoenix and Angel, as a-

Edward and Jasper immediately looked to Carlisle, only to find where he was previously standing empty. The two looked at each other with confusion.

Carlisle had flitted quite a deal away from the house. He found a fallen tree and took a seat, head in his hands. What was he to do? Why is he thinking such things? He always wants to be near Phoenix. Is it because she isn't entirely human? There's a pull in his chest, an aching. It only ceases when Phoenix is with him.

Carlisle's hands fell down to his lap, eyes wide.

Could it be? 

-

"What was he thinking?" Jasper hurriedly asked Edward.

"Just being together with Phoenix and Angel," Edward said.

Jasper nodded. "He carries great love for both of them."

"Do you think Phoenix could be...?"

"It's a possibility," Jasper confirmed.