Chapter 6; Old Life

Bella, Phoenix, and Angel sat on the couch in Charlie's house while he ran to the station

"Bella, are you sure you want to do this?" Phoenix asked for the fiftieth time.

"Nix, I have to."

"You really don't. We could leave. You wouldn't have to worry about the Erasers coming here," Phoenix begged.

"Absolutely not. We have to end this here and now. They'll follow you wherever you go," Bella's voice was hard.

"Besides," she smiled. "I'm rusty. I need to practice."

Charlie stepped through the door then, a black, leather case in hand. Bella rushed over and took it, placing it on the coffee table and putting in the combination. It popped open, revealing a very impressive collection of weapons.

Once she checked all of her weapons, she made her way upstairs to her room

Once she checked all of her weapons, she made her way upstairs to her room. She shoved her bed aside and unlocked the latch that was hidden beneath. She pulled out her bow and arrow quiver. Her precious baby. She came back down with it over her back, smiling.

"Let's go."

-

They all were out in the forest, not too far from Charlie's house. Bella was having a difficult time adjusting. Charlie threw a clay disc high in the air, Bella loosed an arrow, missing it entirely.

"Ugh!" Bella let out an angry shriek.

"Don't worry, Bells. It's been a long time since you've done this," Charlie tried soothing his daughter.

It made him worry, seeing as how she's going back to this life. How will it affect her? He remembers clearly what it did to her the last time...

"Come on, Bella!"

Phoenix's agitated voice snapped Charlie out of his thoughts.

"Do you wanna try?!" Bella demanded.

"I'll gladly try and beat your record!"

"Oh, please. You haven't even touched a bow in your life!"