Chapter 8; Truth

Behold! A new chapter for the ones who desperately need it! I'm so sorry, its been so long. Life has been hectic and the stress and depression have been taking its toll. This is a shitty and filler chapter, I know. I'm trying my best. Enjoy!

Edward, Alice and Jasper were hunting a ways from their home

Edward, Alice and Jasper were hunting a ways from their home. Edward was worrying about Bella, Jasper could feel it.

"Please, stop worrying so much," Jasper said.

Edward sighed. "I'm sorry."

"I can understand why. She's changed. She has a strong feeling of dread all the time, but she won't explain why," Jasper's brows furrowed.

"Something is going on, obviously. Perhaps she can't tell us yet?" Alice suggested.

"Both Angel and Phoenix have been blocking me out," Edward grimaced.

"Really?" Alice looked confused. Then her eyes glazed over as she was sucked into a vision.

Bella was home alone and in her bedroom. She was pacing. She looked dreadful, dark bags under her eyes. She looked thinner. Perhaps she hasn't been eating. She stopped suddenly, her head whipping towards her window. Something jumped through her window, glass flying everywhere and she screamed.

Edward was snarling, watching the scene play in Alice's mind.

"When?!" Edward demanded.

"Soon," Alice gasped. "Very soon."

The three of them rushed into the night; to Bella's house.

-

The buzzing anticipation was stronger in Bella tonight. Something was going to happen. As she paced in her room, the dread set in. She could feel something. Her head snapped to her window just as a twig snapped unnaturally.

They're here, she thought.

Something crashed through her bedroom window, making her yelp. She stumbled back, catching herself on her desk. There stood an Eraser. A sadistic grin plastered on his face, his hair a mess.

"Where are the little bird freaks," he rasped.

Bella's line of sight was suddenly blocked by three bodies. Alice, Edward and Jasper, she noticed. All three of them were growling. The Eraser smiled bigger and crouched, letting out an unnatural snarl that seemed to come from his toes. The Eraser lunged at Edward, only to be tossed back through the window. All three vampires jumped out after him.

The four scuffled towards the forest behind Bella's house. The Eraser lunged at Alice this time, his claws connecting with her arm... and scratched her. A few cracks formed. Alice stared wide-eyed at her arm. Edward and Jasper froze for a solid two seconds. Jasper attacked again, furious that his wife had been harmed.

During that, Bella had dived for her bed, shoving it aside. She opened the hidden latch and yanked out her bow and arrow quiver. Throwing on her tennis shoes, she jumped out the window. Tuck and roll, and sprinted to the forest. She ignored the pain of a few glass shards embedded in her legs. As she approached the three vampires and the Eraser, she caught a glimpse of Alice's arm healing. Had the Eraser harmed her? Have they gotten that strong? Bella quickly grabbed and arrow and loosed it, right into the Eraser's leg. He howled in pain, stumbling. Edward stared at Bella in awe. Did that just happen?

The Eraser glared at Bella menacingly, snarling.

"Hasn't daddy taught you the consequences of breaking in and entering?" Bella smiled sweetly.

The Eraser lunged at Bella before the vampires could react. Bella shot him in the chest. The Eraser fell onto his back, gripping at the arrow. Bella stalked over him.

"How many more?" She growled.

The Eraser chuckled weakly. "Hundreds."

Bella casually loosed another arrow, aiming for his head. Once the Eraser was dead, she yanked her arrows out of his body. She turned to three shocked looking vampires.

"Get rid of that," she pointed to the body. "Call Carlisle. Tell Phoenix that they're here."

Jasper and Alice took care of the Eraser while Edward and Bella went back to her room. Bella set her bow and arrow quiver on her bed, sighing.

"Bella." Edward said quietly.

She turned to see him right behind her, confusion plain on his face. She looked away.

"This isn't how I meant for you to find out," she muttered.

Edward gently placed his hand on her arm, kissing the side of her head. "It seems that I owe you an apology." He mumbled against her skin.

Bella jumped out of his embrace, whirling around to stare at him in disbelief.

"You just saw me kill someone and you're apologizing to me?"

Edward took Bella's hands on his, rubbing circular motions with his thumbs. "I've underestimated you."

Bella scoffed. "Because I wanted you to. You don't know how long I've pushed this down. And now... you all know that I'm a monster."

"A monster?!" Alice's shrill whisper came from the window. "Don't be daft,
Bella! You practically just saved us. Those creatures are strong enough to harm us."

"Bella, what are they?" Jasper asked.

Bella sighed. "They're called Erasers. Half human, half wolf hybrids. Created in a laboratory. Just like Phoenix was. They are after Phoenix and Angel, to kill them. Because they think they're abominations."

Alice's eyes glazed over. "We need to go home."

And they left, dreading what was to come next.