Chapter 13; Decisions Made

A couple of days later, Phoenix was alone at the Cullen home

A couple of days later, Phoenix was alone at the Cullen home. Carlisle was at the hospital with Angel and Rosalie. Bella was at home with Charlie, interrogating Jeb about the procedure. The rest of the vampires were out hunting. Phoenix was pacing through the house, thinking deeply.

She had finally made her decision, and she knew Alice had seen it. Sadness filled in her chest and she started sobbing. Dread set in and she suddenly became cold.

She wasn't going through with the procedure.

There was a gust of wind and Phoenix hands were grabbed up by cold ones. Phoenix looked up, startled, to find a worried Alice knelt before her.

"Are you sure about this?" Alice asked, pain clear in her voice.

"Yes," Phoenix mumbled. "I don't trust him."

"Even with Carlisle watching over him?"

Phoenix looked down. She didn't want to speak anymore. She knew Carlisle would keep an eye on him, but there is no telling if the procedure has already been tampered with.

"I'll miss you," Alice said tearfully.

"You're not going through with it," Edward's voice sounded.

Phoenix turned to see Edward with his brows furrowed.

"You two can't tell anyone. I have to be the one to tell them," Phoenix begged, looking at each of them.

"They're going to be devastated," Edward stated sadly.

"I don't see any other choice, Edward!" Phoenix cried.

"Trust Carlisle," he suggested.

"I do trust him! I love him! Its Jebediah that I don't trust. How am I supposed to know that he wasn't planning this the entire time?" Phoenix raked her hands through her hair. "This isn't the first time he's done something like this. How do I know that the procedure isn't a mind wipe? I've seen him do it before."

Edward watched her brief memory of her loosing one of her closest friends. Her name was Max, he picked up. He looked at Alice, a question in his eyes.

'Her decision is final,' Alice thought to him.

Edward sighed. "When do you plan on telling them?"

"As soon as I can," she whispered. "I'm going to call a meeting. You all need to meet me behind Charlie's later tonight. I have to tell Angel alone."

Edward and Alice nodded. Phoenix stood and walked out of the house, shooting up into the sky.

Alice sighed softly. "This is going to be awful."

"When are we going to meet her?" Edward asked quietly.

Alice looke forward, unfocused. She blinked. "Nine o'clock tonight. Three more hours."

Edward nodded and closed in eyes. He had to prepare himself. He knew Bella was going to be heartbroken, he had to be there for her.