Chapter 9; Truth pt. 2

As Bella was being worked on by Carlisle, Phoenix was stressing about the events that had just transpired

"We're not prepared! They came a lot sooner than expected!"

Bella sighed, not fazed by Carlisle pulling glass shards out of her legs; worrying Edward greatly. "I told you they were coming soon."

"But you didn't say when!"

"It doesn't work like that and you fucking know it!" Bella yelled angrily.

It became quiet. Bella never cursed, as far as the Cullens knew. The only sound was the glass clinking in a porcelain bowl. Meanwhile, Angel was in the kitchen with Rosalie. The little child sighed, frustrated with her mother and Auntie Bella.

"We're not prepared," Phoenix muttered again.

"We've taken on hundreds before," Bell scoffed.

"They're stronger now! They hurt Alice, Bella!"

"Phoenix, I'm okay," Alice said softly, trying to calm the poor girl.

"You've taken on hundreds of those things?" Edward demanded of Bella. She ignored him.

"Nix, you need to calm down," Bella said.

"No!"

Angel jumped off the car stool and stomped into the living room. "Shut up and sit down, mom!"

And Phoenix did just that. Her mouth snapped shut and she sat on the couch robotically. Phoenix stared at Angel with pleading eyes, tears forming.

"Go to sleep," Angel said monotonously.

And Phoenix's eyes dropped closed, she fell sideways on the couch and was sound asleep. Angel turned to Bella, who was staring at her with wide eyes. Angel never used her power, except for the time Bella asked her to bring Charlie to La Push.

"Angel-" Bella started.

"Sleep," Angel ordered.

Bella slumped back on the table with a tiny thud.

"What did you do?" Edward asked quietly, hoping not to anger the child further.

Angel looked at Edward with a start. Her anger got the best of her, and she felt so ashamed.

"I- I'm sorry! I d- didn't m- mean-" Angel broke down into sobs. How could she do that to mommy and Auntie Bella!? Angel plopped down in the floor a covered herself with her wings in shame.

Jasper- the one vampire that the Cullen family least expected- sped over to Angel and gently took her tiny hands in his. Angel looked up at him, sniffling sweetly. Jasper used his gift, letting calming waves wash over the stressed child. Angel slowly relaxed, the sniffles stopped, and the tears stopped flowing. Angel climbed in Jasper's lap and- surprisingly- he let her. No hesitation. He even wrapped his strong arms around her, cuddling with her.