Chapter 16; Weddings Bring Everyone Together

Bella woke up still exhausted from the night before

Bella woke up still exhausted from the night before. She hadn't slept well at all. She shuffled around her room to get ready for the day. As she slugged down the stairs to the kitchen, she heard Angel's tinkling giggle.

"Morning, Auntie Bella!" Angel squealed.

Bella chuckled when Angel ran to her and hugged her tight. "Morning, Angel!"

"Morning, Bells," Charlie gruffed.

As Bella started breakfast, she said her good mornings to her father. She made extra for Angel and Phoenix, since they eat so much more.

"You're picking up Mr. Weber at 3 o'clock today," Bella reminded her father.

"Its the only thing for me to do today, I highly doubt I'll forget," Charlie gruffed.

Bella grinned as she rolled her eyes. "Where's Phoenix?"

"She's already at the Cullens. She said that she wanted to spend some time with Carlisle," Charlie informed.

"Okay, good. I guess Angel and I will head there," Bella sighed.

Bella and Angel arrived at the Cullens around ten in the morning. Alice immediately stole Bella away to start getting ready. Alice made a face when she saw Bella's exhausted eyes.

"What did I tell you about beauty sleep?" Alice demanded.

"Sorry," Bella sighed. "Bad dream. Wedding jitters, I guess."

Alice sat Bella down in front of a vanity and started on her make up. Bella caught a glance at Rosalie, making her eyes almost fall out of her skull. She was so goddamned beautiful, it literally hurt Bella.

"Would you like some help?" Rosalie asked gently. "I could do her hair."

Bella; her mouth had dried out by now from it hanging open, squeaked out a, "Really?"

Rosalie smiled and walked up behind Bella to start on her hair.

"I don't totally disagree with your choice of groom," Rose smiled.

"Just my blatant disrespect of mortality?"

Rosalie looked at Bella in the mirror, smiling genuinely. "Essentially."

"Weddings," Alice grinned. "They bring everyone together."

"Alice?" Someone called.

Bella immediately recognized her mother's voice. "In here, mom!"

Renee rounded the corner, caught sight of Bella and rushed to her. "Oh, honey! You look so beautiful!"

Bella smiled and hugged her mother. When Charlie came into view, Bella could not hide her giddiness.

"I know, I look ridiculous," he grumbled.

"No one dressed by me ever looks ridiculous," Alice said with the utmost confidence.