Chapter 2; Angel

Phoenix took a deep breath before stepping out in the hallway

Phoenix took a deep breath before stepping out in the hallway. She looked down at herself, hoping she was decent enough. She wore a large, white t-shirt and black cotton shorts. She subconsciously tucked her hair hair behind her ear, willing herself to move. She tucked her wings into her back as far as they would go. She turned around to the stairs, only to find Rosalie right in front of her.

Phoenix squealed. "Son of a bitch!"

Rosalie tried her hardest not to laugh.

"I'm sorry. I was just coming to check on you," Rosalie grinned. "I'm Rosalie, by the way."

"Nice to meet you," Phoenix huffed. "Do you know how long I was asleep?"

"16 hours."

Phoenix's eyes bugged out of her head. 16 hours? I was pretty exhausted, I suppose. Phoenix stared into her golden eyes. She didn't really mind that she was a vampire. They all seemed nice enough.

"Come downstairs. Carlisle is cooking you lunch," Rosalie smiled and turned to head down the stairs.

Phoenix followed tentatively, taking in her surroundings. They rounded the corner to the kitchen, Phoenix immediately saw a man at the stove, he wore a light, blue dress shirt that clung to his body. She sighed internally. Please, God, don't let me be attracted to him, she thought to herself.

As Phoenix at the table, he turned with her lunch plate in his hand. His face was gorgeous, so flawless and pale. His nose was defined and slightly pointed, his lips softly pink. He was memorizing.

Shit.

"How are you feeling?" Carlisle asked.

Phoenix quickly snapped out of it, putting on a big smile. "Great! Thank you so much for fixing me up."

"Of course," he nodded.

Carlisle set the plate down in front of her. He looked into her ocean, blue eyes. Her eyes were naturally wide, they held curiosity and innocence. Her white hair flowed down her shoulders and stopped at her elbows. Her full lips were a little chapped, but that didn't stop him from thinking that she was the most beautiful creature he had ever seen.

He had memorized her face even before he let go of the plate. She immediately scarfed down the food, she ate with haste, like she was afraid that it would be taken from her in a matter of seconds.

How long has it been since she's eaten? Carlisle thought.

Phoenix looked around, finally noticing that Bella wasn't around.

"Where's Bella?" Phoenix started to panic.

Carlisle wanted nothing more than to console her, to wrap his arms around her. He composed himself.