Chapter 5; La Push

The Volvo sped down the empty road. They would be a the treaty line in just a few more minutes. Angel was in the backseat bouncing uncontrollably. Edward pulled to the side of the rode, sensing that the line was several yards out. Angel saw two people, a male and a female. She immediately recognized Leah.

Leah was in her human form, wearing a gray tank and forest green shorts. Angel scrambled out of the car, her wings fluttering in excitement, and dashed into Leah's arms.

"Leah, Leah!" Angel squealed.

Leah held her tight, laughing along with the child. "Hi, Angel!"

Bella smiled at the exchange and waved to Jacob, who was with Leah. Edward placed a hand on Bella's back while Phoenix walked over the treaty line.

"Please, Bella. Be careful," Edward said in a hushed tone.

"Oh, don't worry. They can't hurt any of us now. Phoenix will kill them all," Bella smiled at Edward.

Edward gave her a tight lipped smile, not truly believing her.

"I'm serious," Bella clipped. She turned to look at Phoenix with sad eyes. "I've seen her kill people before."

Edward frowned at Bella, but she just walked off, joining the group over the line. She turned and gave Edward a reassuring smile. He nodded and left.

"What's up?" Jacob greeted, giving Bella a bear hug.

Bella laughed. "Not much. Angel couldn't sit still in the car."

Leah had Angel in her arms, the child grinned happily.

"Leah wouldn't stop pacing," Jacob grinned.

Bella and Phoenix giggled.

Leah rolled her eyes. "So, who's hungry?"

"Oh! Me!" Angel chirped.

-

Bella was zoned out, thinking deeply on her past. She explicitly requested of Phoenix and Angel to keep their thoughts to themselves. She couldn't have the Cullen's finding out about it just yet. The life she gave up...

She sat by the window, watching Leah and Angel. She smiled, thrilled that Angel found her mate. She knew Phoenix was taking it pretty hard, though. She couldn't imagine how she would feel if her own daughter found a mate so young. She heard the hardwood floors creak, signaling that someone was behind her.