Chapter 2: Positive and Negative

Tweek's POV

I love my life. I love my job. I love my shop.

Those are the three things that I keep telling myself every morning to calm myself down. It became a routine. Like taking a shower, brushing my teeth, and putting on my clothes.

I love my life. I love my job. I love my shop...

... How much revenue I made in these past 3 months? Has it been kinda low? Are the IRS going to sending a surprise notice? Are the equipments still working properly? Are my parents still proud of me? What if I fail?

I feel my heart beating faster and louder. A whole bunch of other questions keep popping in my head. I look in the mirror and I see that I am shaking. I walk to my room and grab antianxiety prescribed to me by my psychiatrist. Take a tablet out. Walk to the kitchen. Get a glass of water to wash down the pill.

I take a deep breath and walk to the door. I put my hand on the doorknob and take another deep breath.

I love my life. I love my job. I love my shop.

Craig's POV

I hate my life. I hate my job. I hate my coworkers.

I look at my reflection in the mirror and I see something that I hate: my unhappy face. I am overworked, underpaid, and disappointed with my life.

$80k of tuition and I'm doing things that I don't even want to do. I thought I was lucky that I got into the research department but we are not doing anything revolutionary.

That lab is a fucking joke. Aren't we supposed to have high tech telescope and super computers to process our data? On top of that, my coworkers are just a bunch of opportunistics sons of bitches that do the bare minimum just to scrape by. No ambitions and no will to make revolutionary discoveries.

I hate my life. I hate my job. I hate my coworkers.

I grab my backpack and my keys. I walk to the door and I think that... It is kinda sad the only good thing in my life is that spaz's café au lait. I sigh and open the door, heading to Nightingale.

Tweek's POV

Morning rush is exhausting but thank God Butters is here to help me. After serving a long line of customers, the shop has finally quiet down.

"Tweek, buddy, are you doin' alright?" Butters asks while studying my face, "you don't look so good"

"What? I'm doing great! I'm fine!" No, I am actually not fine, but thank you for asking. I should offer him something, "Hey, thank you so much for helping me out. Can I get you anything?"

"I'd like one of your cupcakes! And the art cappuccino!" Butters replies with a gleeful voice. It's nice to see him happy over simple things. His positive attitude is actually cheering me up a bit.

"Why don't you go sit down and I'll bring it to your table?" I suggest to him with a smile. He nods and goes to sit down.

I hear the door opens and turn around.

"Hi! Welco--" I pause to see a gloomy man walking toward the counter to order his usual. "Wow... The hell happened to you?"

"The usual. I need a little extra boost so make it stronger. " Craig gives me his orders as he takes out $20 bill. He puts on the counter, tells me to keep the change and walks to sit in his usual spot.

"Well good morning to you too, Tucker" I sigh and roll my eyes. "What's up your butt this morning?"

Craig's POV

I ignore Tweek's petty remarks and sit down at my usual spot. I don't feel like looking at my emails nor going over my schedule, so I am not bothered to take out my lap top. I just sit there and look outside the window; thinking about the all disappointments in my life.

Apparently, I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't notice that Tweek is sitting right in front of me, pushing the cup of coffee and a plate with one of his famous cupcakes on it.

"What's wrong?" he asks, resting his chin on his palm, tilting his head to the side.

"Everything" I reply to him as I grab the cup and take a sip. This is nice. Why is it so nice and calming? "Thanks for the coffee"

"Sure thing" Tweek smiles and I smile back, then he adds "So, everything is wrong, huh?"

"Yup. Everything" I sigh and put down the cup. I reach for the cupcake and take a bite. Lemon zest and vanilla curd. "This is fucking delicious, Tweek"

"Well, at least my cupcakes are right" he grins and for some strange reason I feel a bit better. I keep eating the cupcake and he keeps talking "I know it might sound wierd coming from me, but Craig, you need to be positive and try not to let negativity take over your mind"

"You're right.." I say calmly, raising a brow while licking the frosting on my finger, "It is wierd to hear you say that"

"Ok, whatever, asshole" He rolls his eyes and takes the empty plate into his hand.

Tweek's POV

I notice that Craig tend to get all depressed once every month. It is extremely noticible. When he gets like that he just sits there, look outside the window, and thinks about how shitty his life is... And I don't understand.

I don't understand how such a smart person with a great career would get depressed and say that everything in his life is wrong.

"Look. I wake up every morning... Thinking that I am a failure... It affects me physically to the point where I start to shake and feel like I am about to get a stroke" I tell him as he finishes drinking his coffee, "but I try to stay positive so that I'd have the drive to push through those negative state of mind. I am not making that much profit, by the way... most of the money go to keep this place running. But I do it because I love my life, I love my job, and I love my shop."

"Please don't lecture me" Craig sighs but I can see a little smile on his face, "Alright. I better snap out of it. Having you patronizing me is even worst..."

"Whatever, dickhead" I snap back at him, furrowing my brows, and get up "Now get out of here and go to work. Go spread your aura of negativity elsewhere"

"Nah. It's all gone. I released all of it in here." He jokes as he gets up and puts on his backpack, "Don't let this place catch on fire"

"Don't. Even. Joke. About that!" I spell out and point fingers at him. "You got your coffee and cupcake! Now go away!"

"Yeah yeah" Craig flips me off and walks out the door. "See ya"

I turn around and walk to Butters. Who is about to say something that will totally caught me off guard.

"You look much happier now! I knew it! I knew that you actually have fun bickering with Craig!" He says while giggling like a moron.

Craig's POV

I walk out the shop but turn around to get another glimpse of Tweek's face. I smile. I am not sure what just happened. I came into his shop feeling sorry for myself and more miserable than ever. Now I'm on my way to work and I feel better.

As if there was a storm of negativity brewing inside my head... And now it's gone

I love my life. I love my job. I like my coworkers.

Maybe I should start saying that....

.... Nah, that's just gay...

My job still sucks and my coworkers are still bunch of morons.

But... I guess my life isn't that bad... I like Tweek's coffee and cupcake... So... There is something nice to look forward to, I guess?