Chapter 31: About Last Night

Craig's POV

"Ok... That's enough" I say to Tweek, who has been laughing for a while now, as we are walking in downtown. "I can't believe you beat me to it in, like, the most unexpected way..."

"I'm sorry! Craig, I'm really sorry!" Tweek says in mid laugh, tenderly my right arm, "Let me take it back! I take it back!"

"What the--No, you can't take it back!" I exclaim, holding back from smiling, trying to look serious, "You can't just say that and then take it back!"

"You know," he says while looking up at me, "I didn't expect you to be so cheesy! Going that far to tell me that you love me"

"I--!!" I open my mouth to say something, feeling my cheeks getting warmer. I turn the other side to hide my blushing, "You know what, just for that, I'm cancelling all the plans I made!"

"Aww!!" Tweek bursts into laughter, pulling me closer to his body, "You can't do that! It's not a big deal"

"It is a big deal for me" I scold him, looking straight ahead, avoiding eye contact.

"What, like, you've never said 'I love you' to one of your exes?" Tweek asks with a cheerful voice. He realizes that I am not going to answer, the smile disappears on his face. He stops walking and holds me back. "Wait... Seriously?"

I look at him. I feel kinda embarrassed, not gonna lie. I've dated a couples of girls while in college but when I transferred to University, I had to focus on my studies. Then, I was too anxious about finding a job after the graduation that I didn't even bother getting a girlfriend. I hooked up with girls and had one night stands, but other than that, I've never been in a long term and serious relationship.

By sacrificing love, I was able to advance in my career and becoming financially stable. I had to cut off some of my social life to work on my goal. However, after I gained what I wanted, I found myself empty, lonely, and unhappy. I hated my job, I hated my life, and I hated my coworkers. Going to Nightingale was the only nice thing I had at the time. I would hang out with my childhood friends and bickered with Tweek.

Tweek, how much I hated him back then. He was annoying, irrational, emotionally unstable, and was blackmailing me so I would do whatever he wanted. It was humiliating and aggravating... Yet, I ended up feeling attracted to the spaz. Tweek is the opposite of me. He acts recklessly and cares too much about what other think of him. I, on the other hand, try my best to keep it together and shield myself from others. But, he is also sweet, goofy, and kind-hearted. Whenever I was down, he tried to cheer me up--in his own clumsy way. He was so needy, and I was bored of life, so it felt good to be needed.

Tweek's POV

"Wait..." I say while looking up at Craig, "Seriously?"

I wait for a reply but Craig doesn't say anything. He looks at me with his cheeks slightly red. He looks... Embarrassed. Oh, man... Now I feel bad. I wish I didn't laugh at him like that. I keep staring at him and watch him turning his face to the side, looking into the distance.

"Craig...?" I call him to get his attention, "Look, I'm sorry for earlier..." I mutter softly, taking his hand in mine, "it's just... I've been thinking about us since this morning, when we left the house. I reflected on our relationship.. then the thing with your sister happened.. it was really hurtful because I was genuinely scared that you might not feel the same way as I do" I mumble quietly, looking down at my feel, thinking what to say, then I look up and our eyes finally meet again, "I kept asking why would someone so amazing as you would want to be with someone like me. Then I realized that... Well... To be honest, I don't think I can see myself without you... And I don't want to see you with anyone else but me..."