26

Song- The Call : Regina Spektor.

ALIA'S POV

A pair of arms craddle me as I am screaming at the sight in front of me.

This is not how it's suppose to be. This is not..... Oh my god. I break into sobs as my breathing gets uneven.

The firing stops as all my friends gather around us.

" We have to take him to the hospital, NOW! " Xavier screams as a car is reversed .

I stand up shakily and walk towards them.

Armaan is cradled in Xavier's arms as blood is oozing out of his chest. His face is contorted in an unusual way,  something like he is in discomfort.

He is picked up with the help of some members and put into the car. The car drives off.

Xavier looks at me once and then he too drives in the other car following them.

I don't even realise I am shaking when a strong pair of arms encircles around me. I buried my face in his chest realising it as my brothers. Now my sobs are in full blown wailing as the only sound in the parking lot is my voice of screaming and the breathing of the people around us.

Soon enough we too are driving in the car to the hospital. Asher sits on one side of me and Alessia on the other.

We rush out of the car and stomps off towards the receptionist.  The receptionist is busy chewing on a gum and typing furiously on her phone.

" Excuse me,  but our friend is admitted here. Can you tell us, which room is he taken too? "

That nurse barely looks up, but as her eyes falls on Asher she seems super active.

She adjusts her clothes or more like pull them down to seem attractive.

I bang my hand on her desk as her eyes widen.

" Now listen to me, bitch. My friend is dying in there and I need to see him.  If you don't tell the room he is in, right now,  I am going to drag you by your hair and throw you out of the hospital ".

" She can do that.  And if she doesn't I will be more than happy to do the needful" Alessia says cracking her fingers.

The receptionist seems to get the message as her fingers furiously taps on the keyboard.

" Yes he was admitted a few moments back. He is in the surgery room.  Second floor,  first right "

We did not wait for anything else as we run towards the stairs.

As soon as Xavier sees me he engulfs me in his arms. He keeps on whispering sweet nothings in my ear while caressing my hair.

All of us are here including some of our guards.  Asher didn't needed to call dad and tell him,  as the news of Armaan is all over the mafia world already.

Minutes turned into hours. Some pair of feet come into our sight. My parents,  Armaans parents and Raymond's dad are here.

I pay no attention to them as the surgery door room opens. And around 4-5 surgeons come out wearing their surgery attires and masks. 

The last one stops before us, removing his mask. 

He looks at the all of us and then at our parents.

" I am sorry but he has a little time left. "

ALESSIA'S POV

The words were enough.  Enough for a mother and father's world getting scattered. Enough for a sister like friend to collapse to the ground gasping for air in between her sobs. Enough for his brother like friends to cry. Enough for leaving all of us with a hole in our hearts.
Just enough for pain and sadness.