31. ( Part 2)

Song : Tere Liye- Veer Zaara.
I absolutely adore this movie as well as this song.

ALIA'S POV

My mother curls my hair without meeting my eyes. She is helpless as all of us are. Turns out their relationship was not the most ideal as we thought it was.

She came to my room last night after Alessia left. As soon as she saw me she dropped her head down, crying. She said she was sorry about not being able to do anything against his husband.

And then she showed me all her scars and marks that were hidden in the most unexpected places. Places which she always kept covered with designer clothes.

I felt pity for her. She doesn't deserve this, nor do I. We will fight back but right now we are trapped. Trapped in the game, my so called father, Sebastian and his father,  and Xavier's father made.

Xavier. I can never get the last look he gave me out of my mind. It was pure and full of love. I was numb, I am still numb. Moving on is going to be difficult and I don't plan on doing so anything soon. But I need to get me and my friends out of here.

About friends I heard they planned something and in return got caught. They were drugged and are being dressed for my death event. Wedding. They are also given some threats. Christian is to be executed later this week,  I heard.

" Do you want it up or leave it down?" my mother asks her eyes still focused on my hair with the curling wand in her hand.

" Anything mom,  it doesn't matter anyways. " I say as my eyes meet her sad ones.

Wedding. I scoff. My wedding dress fitted my body and the rest of it pooled around my feet. 

My mind drifted over to Xavier and all the good memories we made together. The way he approached me first in the hallway. The way he used to get mad at me for talking to Asher before he knew he was my brother. The way he used to stare at me on several occasions with a glint in his eyes, the one you see only in movies. The way his body felt against mine. The way he always made me smile and happy. Everything.

A tear escapes as I quickly wipe it off. My mother keeps her arm on my shoulder, squeezing it slightly.

I refuse to be led by my so called father to the church so mom is walking me to the entrance of hell.

The heavy doors open as a slow song comes up and my mother guides me inside. She looked beautiful as always wearing a red dress with black pointed heels and hair up in a bun. She always looked this confident and happy, but now I know all this is fake. Oh mother.

The church was decorated with flowers and ribbons. The people in the room were all his family and friend, none from the gangster community.

My eyes then fall to the front row where all my friends were sat. Their eyes were ablaze with fire as they sat there unable to do anything for me.

On the other side of the aisle sat Xavier's bastard dad, along with Sebastian's and mine dad. Sebastian's dad had his arms along a thin slender woman, I think is his wife. She was incredibly beautiful, as soon as my mom left me at the end of the altar and back to her seat besides the monster, I saw Sebastian's mom give her a smile with pity and sadness in her eyes.

Looking in front of me,  I see Sebastian in a well fitted tux. A bright smile plastered on his face. Yes he was attractive but nothing compared to my Xavier.

I will never ever accept this man in front of me as my husband by heart. They have made wedding a joke.

The priest starts the ceremony as I keep thinking back about yesterday, about all the events that happened in the past few weeks.