2

^^^^^

' ... Get a name, arsehole. '

^^^^^

Eden sat on the top step of the ladder that leant against the wall the next morning, her usual spot to eat breakfast. It was quiet as Hopper cooked, her own hands pulling a brush through her hair. She furrowed her brows with a smirk as El walked out of the bedroom with a sheet pulled over her entire body, two holes cut out where her eyes were; trying to be a ghost. The Lawson girl chuckled as Hopper turned around and jumped at the sight of her, El standing still.

'Oh, Jesus,' Hopper stated out of fright.

'Ghost,' Eleven stated.

'Yeah, I see that.'

'Halloween.'

'Sure is. But right now, it's breakfast, okay? Come on, let's eat.'

'They wouldn't see me.'

'Who wouldn't see you?'

'The bad men.'

Hopper looked up at Eden who held her hands in the air, she had no clue where Eleven had even gotten the idea to go trick or treating. He sighed before handing her her plate of french toast, trading it for the hairbrush.

'What are you talking about?' The man asked.

'Trick or treat,' El informed him.

'You want to go trick-or-treating?'

The sheet bent as the girl underneath nodded quickly, walking over to stand in front of the man as he sat at the table.

'You know the rules,' Hopper stated as he stood.

'Yes, but-' El started.

'Yeah, so you know the answer.'

'No, but they wouldn't see me.'

'No,' The man guided the girl over to her seat despite her attempts; 'Hey. I don't care.'

'But they wouldn't see me.'

'I don't care, all right? You go out there, ghost or not, it's a risk. We don't take risks. All right? They're stupid, and?'

'We're not stupid!'

'Exactly. Now, you take that off, sit down and eat. Your food's getting cold.'

Eleven huffed as she pulled the sheet over her head, sitting down with a glare set on her face. She crossed her arms and pouted as she leant back against the wall, watching as Hopper poured maple syrup onto her french toast.

The man sighed when she didn't move to eat, 'All right, look... How about I get off early tonight, and I buy us a bunch of candy, and we can sit around and get fat, and we watch a scary movie together? How's that for a compromise?'