24

^^^^^

' Good? You arse

' Good? You arse. '

^^^^^

One Month Later

Eden ran the brush through Eleven's, or as her new adoption certificate stated, Jane Hopper's hair. She smiled at the little girl in the mirror, placing a clip in her hair.

'You look beautiful,' She stated.

Eleven smiled, nodding as she looked over her appearance.

'Thankyou,' The girl stated.

'You're very welcome, now, go get dressed. We gotta go soon,' Eden instructed. 

The little girl nodded and all but ran to her room, closing the door with her mind behind her. She shook her head and pulled a cigarette from her pack, just managing to light it before Hopper walked in the door.

'Hey, Dad,' She greeted.

'Hey,' He replied; 'Where is she?'

'Getting dress. You heard anything on my case?'

'Not yet.'

She nodded as she looked away, turning to face Eleven's door as it opened slowly. A smile broke out on her lips when Eleven stepped out of the room slowly, her hands wrung together in front of her as she looked over them of approval.

'Bitchin,' Eden chuckled. 

'Bitchin,' She repeated with a smile as he gaze moved to Hopper. 

'You look beautiful,' Hopper sighed. 

'Thanks.'

'You ready to go?'

'Yes.'

'Eden, you ready?'

'Fuck, yes,' She nodded. 

'Alright then.'

They followed the neatly dressed man out of the place they called home and down to the cars, Eden sliding into her own as the remaining pair got into Hopper's. She drove behind him through the town, her speakers all the way up as she listened to a new mixed tape that Jonathan had made for her. She sung along where she could, but danced her way through the entirety of every song.  

As she pulled up to the pack carpark of the middle school, she swung into the spot beside Hopper and shut of her car; the music going with it. The music from inside echoed through the walls, but the outside of the building remained dark and still. Eden made her way around to stand with her family, Eleven nervously looking toward the building. 

'Hey,' She whispered as she wrapped an arm around her shoulders; 'You look beautiful, and Mike will think so too.'

The girl looked at her with a smile on her lips, taking her hand when she offered it to her. They started forward together, toward the gymnasium, with Hopper watching after them with a small smile on his lips. The Lawson girl paid her little sister's ticket to get in, guiding her forward with their joint hands as she followed after her.