18

^^^^^

' Fucking teenagers

' Fucking teenagers. '

^^^^^

Eden lugged the chest out the back with Billy, dumping it at the door of the shed before she peeked her head inside. The shed was mostly covered up, but there was still a lot to go. She knocked on the wood with a smile, Nancy and Jonathan looking toward her first before the adults did the same.

'I got some stuff,' She informed them before leaning back.

Hopper stepped out of the shed with Joyce, looking down at the chest she motioned to.

'What is it?' Nancy asked; 'Billy?'

'Billy?' Jonathan queried when he stuck his head out the door.

The Lawson girl rolled her eyes and pulled the chest open, revealing spotlights and stands.

'That's why that fucking thing was so heavy,' Billy muttered.

She hit his stomach with a suppressed smile, pulling her cigarette from her lips before she released the smoke.

'I figured the less he can see, the better,' She shrugged.

'Where'd you find these?' Joyce asked.

'Mum threw them away last year when she realised her modelling career wasn't starting back up anytime soon. I figure I'd keep 'em for E- Uh, in case I needed them.'

'Well, thank you, sweetie.'

She nodded in reply, watching as Hopper's gaze turned to Billy with a glare; Joyce's slowly doing the same.

'This is Billy, my boyfriend,' She introduced; 'Billy, Joyce and Hopper.'

'Does he-' Hopper started.

'Yeh, he knows. Don't believe it, but he knows.'

'Right. Good. Let's go. This needs to be done.'

The pair nodded and lifted the chest into the shed, pulling out the lights and getting to work. They faced all the lights toward the centre of the room, before running chords to plugs them all in; testing each one of them.

'Babe,' Billy muttered as he came up behind her.

'Yeh?' She turned to face him.

'I'm gonna head outside.'

'You ok?'

'Just need some air.'

She nodded, watching as he weaved his way in and out of the crowded shed. The girl sighed and continued to secure the lights, jumping when a hand placed itself on her shoulder. Jonathan motioned for her to follow him, which she did so with ease. They walked toward the clothesline, the boy quickly pulling the clothes from. She could see the embers of the end of a cigarette through the dark, letting her know Billy was near by.