45

^^^^^

' But, left to live on forever

' But, left to live on forever. '

^^^^^

Three Months Later

Hawkins had been on the news for months after the chaos the small group had been through. Hopper's face was painted on newspapers and TV screens, many calling him a hero; a name he deserved. July fourth was going to be remembered for a long time by the people of the small town, for the horrors that had occurred. And the many people that had died. 

Eden hadn't coped well with any of it. She lived in her old home by herself for the better part of two months, never letting any one in; never going out. It was just her and the twins in her stomach. That had been the first time she'd left the house, to get an ultrasound and receive the news that she wasn't having just one child, but two. And she was almost halfway through her second trimester. 

The first person she'd seen after that special moment was Billy, heading to his house to sit in his room; going through his things. She'd found countless Polaroids of them together, many of just her that she didn't know he'd taken. She'd found a note book with only one page of writing in it, which was full of scribbles and messy words; most she couldn't make out. She'd spent the entire day there, collecting things to decorate her room in the house she'd bought in California; the very one Billy and herself had picked out. 

Currently, the Lawson girl carried out light boxes from the Byers household; holding them over her bulging stomach as she headed for the U-Haul truck. The family was moving away, Joyce unable to handle being in the small town any longer. And with her, she was taking not only her sons, but Eleven, who'd she'd taken into her care when Eden couldn't.

'Oh, sweetheart, put that down,' Joyce gushed as she raced over. 

'Joyce, I'm ok,' She chuckled; 'I carry a box that light. I'm not bed bound yet.'

'And you better ring me the second you are.'

'Yes, ma'am.'

The woman hit her softly as she laughed, letting her head back inside. She walked straight into max and Lucas' teasing of Dustin, the curly haired boy sitting across the room watching them sing the song he'd performed with Suzie not three months ago. 

'Oh, come on, you two,' She shook her head; 'You got the beat wrong. It's, the mirror of your dreams... Rhymes that keep their secrets,' The couple joined her; 'Will unfold behind the clouds-'

'Wait, did we get that verse right? It's, unfold behind the clouds?' Max cut them off.

'Yeah, but you're butchering it, so could you please stop?' Dustin grumbled.