43

^^^^^

' Oh, Dustin's gonna kill me

' Oh, Dustin's gonna kill me. '

^^^^^

Eden let out a long breath before she leant down to look out from behind the car, eyes roaming over the Mind Flayer as it stood still in front of a store after a crash sounded. Her eyes widened when a tentacle grew from it's stomach, slowly slinking forward into the store. She sat back, chest heaving as her eyes came to land on the radio.

'Oh, Dustin's gonna kill me,' She whispered before shooting forward.

'Eden,' Jonathan hissed.

She snatched the radio off the bench, crouching beside it as she sat in plain sight; eyes set on the monster as it let out a roar. She turned the radio off as it crackled to life, swallowing as her throat became tight with panic; eyes flicking to Jonathan as he turned around to look over the car. She drew in a long breath, pushing herself up to stand tall; squeezing the radio tight in her hand.

'Let's see if you've still got it,' She muttered.

She raised her arm and tossed the radio across the room, watching it smash against a pylon near the fountain and shatter into pieces. The monster snapped around, the girl throwing her body behind a large pot plant; curling up into a ball. She held her knees to her chest, her breaths shaking as she panted; squeezing her eyes shut as the floor vibrated under her bum with each heavy footstep.

That was when Lucas flung a rock to pop balloons on the other side of the mall, away from her; the Mind Flayer quick to rush across the building. She peeked over her shoulder and crawled back behind the car, not stopping as she pushed herself up onto her feet and launched herself over the counter. She could hear Jonathan ushering the others on behind her, all of them racing for the back halls behind all the shops.

She raced up the stairs after pushing the door to the stairwell open, ushering the younger kids up with Nancy and Jonathan; letting the door slam behind her as she ran after them. Every inch of her body screamed with pain, the pain killers no longer working as she felt ready to collapse once more. But, she didn't stop running. She pushed herself out the door and to the Wheeler car, collapsing against the side of it as Jonathan leant over the engine; Nancy beside him as the two younger boys climbed inside.

'There,' She pointed to the output the cable needed to got into, looking up at the familiar sound of her engine revving.

'Get the car started,' Nancy demanded as she pulled out the gun; 'Go!'

The boy slammed down the bonnet of the car as Billy began to rev the engine more in warning, Nancy standing tall as she raised her gun. Eden limped toward her, coming to stand in front of her with her hands raised beside her head; tears in her eyes.

'No,' She stated firmly.

'Eden,' The girl warned.

'I told you you're options. You're not touching him without touching me.'