22

^^^^^

' Harrington, you're meant to be the babysitter

' Harrington, you're meant to be the babysitter. '

^^^^^

It was silent as Eden sat at the dining room table staring blankly out the window, a bag of peas resting on her nose. Billy sat beside her with ice on his knuckles, the rest of the group standing around. The Lawson girl sighed, throwing the bag onto the table before she stood. 

'We've got to rid of him,' She stated. 

'Who?' Dustin asked. 

'Dad.'

'What're you going to do?' Steve asked. 

'A tragic car accident.'

She strode out of the room, using her arm with her jarred elbow to grab the unconscious man by his arm. She pulled him along the ground, struggling to make it far. 

'Babe,' Billy stated as he approached her, placing a hand on her own. 

'We need to get him to the car,' She whispered; 'Then we need to crash it.'

'Babe.'

'We need to... We need to.'

A sob left her mouth as he pulled her hand away, wrapping his arms around her. He placed a hand on the back of her head, running his fingers through her blonde locks. 

'You don't need to, baby,' He whispered; 'We need to focus on helping the girl with the crazy powers. Then we'll go to the hospital. Then deal with him.'

Eden let out a long sigh, nodding into his chest as she sniffled. She wiped her eyes, taking a step away before she sent him a tight smile.

'I've got a better idea anyway,' She whispered. 

She turned and ripped her father's car keys from his pocket, turning to face the group.

'Who wants to go for a drive?' She asked as she dangled the keys from her finger. 

^^^^^

After completely trashing the car, side swiping trees and crashing into bins, Eden pulled up in the field Mike had told them about. She grinned back at the half horrified, half amused kids in the back, laughing when she saw Steve's pale face. Billy had followed behind in her car, giving them a spare car after she crashed the one they were in; her father stuffed in the boot. 

'Alright, get out,' She motioned to the door; 'Nothing stupid till I get back.'

'Don't die,' Dustin called as he slid out of the car.

'I'll try not to.'

Once they were out and away from the car, she slammed her foot on the accelerator; the back wheels spinning as she did a one eighty, sending dirt everywhere. She flew past Billy, winking at him before she flew back up the road. Her eyes searched for the tree she had spotted on the way in, grinning when she found it. She pressed on the gas just enough to damage the car when she hit the tree, but not enough to kill her.