11

^^^^^^

' I didn't come here for you

' I didn't come here for you. '

^^^^^^

Eden wandered through the dark forest trail, heading to check up on Eleven. She stepped onto the deck of the shack, and knocked in the special pattern she always used, but no reply came. She leant her ear up against the door, trying to see if she could hear any movement from inside.

'El? It's Eden,' She called through the door.

Still no reply came. She placed her hand on the door handle and twisted it, pushing it open; panic settled in her stomach. She rushed inside, leaving the door open as she searching through El's room; calling out the girl's name. Eleven wasn't in her room or in the kitchen, or even hiding under the floor. Eden looked for some sign as to where she had disappeared to, but came up with nothing.

She ran outside, calling out the curly haired girl's name. Nothing. She started for the woods, walking around the shack, continuing to call out Eleven's name. After about an hour of searching, the Lawson girl headed home to call Hopper and see if he knew where the young girl was. She snuck in the back door of her house, making sure to avoid her parents as she made her way to the phone. She quickly dialled the number to the station, hoping that someone would still be there.

'Hello, Hawkins Police Department,' A woman's voice sounded in her ear.

'Oh, thank God,' Eden sighed; 'Hi, I was wondering if Hopper was in?'

'Sorry, sweetheart. He hasn't been in for a few days.'

'Ok, thank you.'

She hung up the phone, running her hand through her hair before she rushed back out the back door; racing to her car to drive around the streets. Fatigue sat heavy on her shoulders, but she pushed through as her eyes scanned the streets in search for the curly haired girl.

^^^^^^

Eden walked up to the Hargrove front door the next morning, her hands itching for a smoke. She had awoken that morning to her father's yelling, though she had hardly paid attention, it had something to do with her staying out late the previous night before he waved her cigarettes around for a bit then leaving. When she had properly awoken, she realised he had taken them and her money box; leaving her with no cash to buy a new pack.

She knew she had around three hours before she had to meet Steve and Dustin at the junk yard, something they had planned early that morning. She had quickly gone to see if Eleven had come back, or if Hopper had come into work, or if Jonathan was home yet; but none of them had. The girl knocked on the door, smirking at the loud guitar solo coming from inside. She took a few steps back from the doorway, waiting for it to open as yelling came from inside. The door clicked unlock and was swing open forcefully, Max's exasperated face coming into view.