4

^^^^^

' And you're an arsehole

And you're an arsehole.

^^^^^

Eden groaned as she awoke, her eyes clenching shut as her head pounded. She could hear things around her, but her head hurt too much to open her eyes. Slowly, she sat up with her eyes closed an leant forward onto her knees.

'Rise and shine,' Hopper called from the kitchen.

'Fuck,' She stated as she drew out the the word.

'Language.'

'You got any painkillers?'

'You know, I should arrest you for under age drinking.'

'But you won't cause you used to do it. Now, any painkillers?'

'They're on the table beside you.'

She pried her eyes open to find what the man had said was true, reaching forward to grab the pills and the glass of water.

'You were late,' She mumbled as she trudged over to the ladder and slowly climbed up it.

'I know,' Hopper replied.

'El up?'

'Just about to do that.'

He wandered away, leaving her to hold her head in her hands as it continued to pound.

'Why do I go out?' She muttered to herself.

She rubbed her eye as she sat up again, sighing in relief when she saw a pack of cigarettes on the bench. She snuck down the ladder to grab one, placing it between her lips as she went back up the ladder; grabbing a lighter from the top of the fridge. As she lit it, Hopper walked out of El's room with the curly haired girl behind him; his eyes meeting hers as he smelt smoke.

'Seriously?' He asked.

'Yup,' She smirked.

He rolled his eyes and sat down where a triple level Eggos tower sat on a plate, waiting to be eaten. He and El sat at the table eating away as Eden wallowed on top of her ladder, eventually climbing down to grab a bite of it before it was gone.

'El, can I use some of your clothes?' She asked the young girl as she put out her cigarette on the table.

'Yes,' El nodded.

'Thanks.'

She wandered into the girl's bedroom, shutting the door behind her before she stripped down to her underwear and bra. She searched through the drawers, pulling out a pair of jeans, a new flannel and a t-shirt; putting them all on before she tied the flannel around her waist and pulled her boots back onto her feet. As she stepped back out into the main room to find Eleven glaring at Hopper, anger clear on her face.