23

^^^^^

' You'll just have to trust me not to kill your car then

' You'll just have to trust me not to kill your car then. '

^^^^^

Eden scrambled backwards further, staring wide eyed at the creature before her. She held her arms in front of her as though it would stop the beast if it were to attack her, but she didn't move to step out of her defensive stance. Her eyes followed Dustin as he continued to creep toward the demodog, a smile on his lips. 

'Okay, okay, I'm sorry,' Dustin took another step forward; 'I'm sorry about the storm cellar. That was a pretty douchey thing to do... You hungry? Yeah?'

'He's insane,' Lucas whispered.

'Don't,' Mike hissed.

'Shut up,' Steve muttered.

'I've got our favourite. See? Nougat,' Dustin waved a bar of chocolate around before breaking off a piece and throwing it toward the demodog; 'Look at that. Yummy. Here, all right? Eat up, buddy. Come on. Come on.'

The boy waved at them, motioning for them to go on as he continued to feed at alien dog.

'There's plenty. I've got more,' He placed more nougat on the ground before he slowly stood; 'Goodbye, buddy.'

'Let's go, let's go!' Steve whispered.

They all took off up the tunnel and away from the demodog, soft mutters bouncing off the walls. Eden let out a curse when the tunnels began to shake, sending her to the ground with the rest of the group. 

'Jesus!' Dustin yelled.

'What was that?' Max asked.

Though, the question was answered by the growls and calls off the demodogs echoing up the tunnel, everyone moving to stand quickly.

'They're coming,' Mike stated; 'Run! Run!'

Everyone began to yell and shove each other forward as they raced up the tunnels again, trying to beat the alien dogs. The Lawson girl stayed somewhat quiet until she saw the rope dangling down the hole into the tunnel, finally finding her voice.

'Billy!' She screamed; 'Billy!'

The blonde boy up the top was quick to move when he heard his girlfriend's scream, looking down into the hole. He didn't see her for a few seconds, and when he did, he saw her fear stricken face.

'Pull me up,' She called before looking up the tunnel quickly.

She jumped up when he leant down into the tunnel, just missing it. An annoyed yell left her mouth before she jumped up again, letting out a scream of surprise when two arms wrapped around her thighs.

'Go! Go!' Steve yelled as he lifted her up.

Eden gripped Billy's hands as Steve held her, pulling herself up and out of the hole before she turned back. She laid on her stomach and leant down into the whole again, grabbing Max's hands; pulling her up to grab Billy's before she turned back to grab the next kid.