42

^^^^^

' ... every time I look into his eyes, I see him fighting. I see him trying to break free. '

^^^^^

Eden carried Eleven out of the mall when her steps became faltered, holding her on her hip like she would a small child; her good arm tucked under her bum. She placed her in the back with Mike and Max, helping her lay down. She climbed in to sit beside Will, patting his knee with a small smile as Nancy moved to turned on the car. But, as she flicked the key, the engine stuttered; not turning over. 

'What's wrong?' Jonathan asked. 

'I don't- I don't know,' Nancy tried again; 'You can't be serious. Come on!'

'Didn't your mum just buy this car?' Lucas asked. 

'Yes. I'm sure it's fine.'

'Did you leave the lights on?' Will queried. 

'No.'

'Do we have gas?' Lucas suggested.

'Yes!'

The Lawson groaned, watching as she tried again before she pushed open her car door. She strode around to the front of the car, Nancy holding the key in place to try and get the car to start. She sneered, slamming her hand down on the bonnet to grab her and Jonathan's attention. 

'Pop the hood,' She stated. 

Nancy looked at her for a second before the hood popped, being released from it's hook. Jonathan got out of the car, the girl following him a second later as Eden raised the bonnet. She looked down into the engine, screwing up her nose. 

'What?' Nancy looked at her. 

'This is new?' She suggested as she pointed to the engine.

'Yes.'

'If you say so.'

She leant over the engine, her brows furrowing as she reached in to press her finger into an empty output.

'What the hell?' Jonathan muttered when he caught onto her line of thought. 

'What?' Nancy's gaze flicked between them. 

'The ignition cable's gone,' She sighed; 'We ain't going anywhere, any time soon.'

That was when a very familiar engine revved behind her, her whole body going tense as she stood up straight; the hair on the back of her neck standing up. 

'Is- Is that my car?' She pointed over her shoulder. 

Jonathan nodded stiffly, his gaze never meeting her own. The engine revved again, causing her to turn and look up the parking lot to find her car; headlights on and blinding, Billy in the driver's seat.