37

^^^^^

' Just give her a fucking second

Just give her a fucking second. '

^^^^^

The room was tense as they all watched Eleven, Eden's eyes trained on the girl. She sat tense, watching as the girl began to pant; whimpers leaving her mouth. Her eyes flicked over her, her form shaking. Her fingers pressed themselves into her pounding side, her teeth clenched from the pain shooting through her entire body; trying to push it away to focus on Eleven.

'Something's wrong,' Mike freaked.

'Don't,' Eden shook her head; 'She's ok.'

Eleven finally settled, her body stilling; chest lightly heaving.

'El, are you ok? Are you okay?' Mike asked.

She sighed, 'I'm okay.'

'What's going on?'

'I'm on a beach.'

'Okay, I may be dense, but the last I checked, there weren't any beaches in Hawkins,' Lucas chimed.

'What else do you see?' Max asked.

Eleven paused, 'A woman... She's pretty... I- I think she's looking at me.'

Eden closed her eyes, letting out a soft sigh.

'There's a boy,' Eleven told them before she fell silent again; 'It's Billy.'

She pressed her fists to her lips as she leant forward onto her knees, swallowing softly as her eyes grew glassy.

'It's California,' Max stated; 'It's a memory.'

'It's his safe place,' She whispered.

They all looked to her, before their gaze snapped back to Eleven when she spoke up.

'I think I see it,' She whispered.

Eden wiped her eyes, letting out a long breath. She was desperate to know what was going on in her sister's mind, she wanted nothing more to take her place; to protect her from the terrible things she would see. She was scared as to what Eleven would see. For, it even scared the crap out of her, just hearing what Billy had been through growing up. It took her on a roller coaster of emotions just thinking about it.

Eleven smiled in her mind at the countless memories of Eden she passed as she walked along the beach, pausing by one that lingered just in front of the storm. It was Eden, grinning up at Billy as he held her waist; the boy holding his own grin on his lips. Her hands tucked behind his neck as she played with his curly hair, eyes never leaving his.

'Let's move to California after summer,' Eden suggested.

Billy frowned slightly, 'Why?'